DVD Architecture Pro 6 poor memory performance

Rick-Hancock wrote on 2/16/2021, 12:51 PM

I recently purchased and upgraded to DVDA Pro 7 from Pro 6.  I do like some of the features however the memory performance for the 32 bit install is very weak.  I'm a videographer and I have pending projects that I can't author on Blu Ray discs because Pro 7 can hold the project.  It fails on rendering.  Just to test, I loaded a previous large wedding video that I edited and rendered in Pro 6.  The video menus and pages failed to load and render in Pro 7.  I know this is a memory issue with the 32 bit install.  Is there an update for Pro 7 that will allow more than 2 GB of ram to run the the application.  Also, will Magix soon have a 64 bit version of DVDA Pro 7?  If not can you someone please provide me with a download for the previous version DVDA Pro 6.  I have used this software and Sony Vegas Pro for over a decade now and upgraded several times but have never experienced an upgrade that had such poor performance like this one.  Please assist.  Thanks.  

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/16/2021, 1:30 PM

@Rick-Hancock

These are Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff.

DVD Architect is one of the Magix Vegas product range, which have their own forums. Please read this post.

However I can confirm that DVD Architect 7 is 32 bit only and, I believe, may now be a discontinued product.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam