DVD 7 - No sound when recording

Saabben wrote on 11/8/2008, 3:06 AM
I have installed Video Saver DVD7 (USB video converter) on a PC with Win XP Sp3.
The drivers for SP3 are installed.
I have tried different suggestions on how to get sound, but without success.

The sound unit seems to be Realtek High Definition Audio (driver 5.10.0.5257)

Is there anyoune out there having a solution for me?

Sorry for not selectiong the correct product. Seems like  the product is not among the Magix products I can choose from.

Arild

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 11/12/2008, 4:52 AM
In the recording window you really need to see the easycap device as your recording device, or atleast for USB to be visble. Not your soundcard. Don't know what version you have. Had the same prob, this is what they sent me

'Attach the easycap device, open Control Panel, System, Device Manager, then choose  Sound. video and game controllers. Here you will find the easycap device. Doubleclick on it, choose driver, and choose deinstall.

In order to install the correct USB eaysCAP driver for SP3 please download from the following page

http://download.magix.net/easycap-installer_fuer_xp_sp3__de.zip

Extract the ZIP file and start the setup.exe
Restart the computer when requested to.
After restarting, connect the USB device, and allow the Windows Hardware Assistent to install the driver automatically.

Typically only the USB Video driver will have been installed, in which case the audio driver needs to be manually installed.
Open the Device Manager as follows.

START, Control Panel, System,  Hardware, Device Manager, and check under Sound, Video and Game Controllers  for the USB audio device.
Double click it, whereupon a new window will open.

Choose Driver, then Update driver, and carry out the automatic instalation of the driver

It should now work.'