DV Capture Window ?? Movies on DVD 8 (download version)

john_a_todd wrote on 8/31/2009, 4:10 PM
I can't seem to find this interface though it is mentioned in the help index.

I'm trying to import video from my Canon Vixia HV30  Hi-def camcorder via firewire.  I get the error message :"Could not connect to the seleceted device" when I hit the record button ... although some control signals are getting to the Canon because it rewinds a bit and then pauses?

I think the answer may be in the "DV Capture Window".  But I can't find it.  Any help or Ideas?

PS: Nice to see that the product selection offered does not contain  Movies on DVD 8 (download version)  Am I in the right place?

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 8/31/2009, 10:48 PM
You should probably contact Magix directly at support.magix.net (use the "contact" link on the left).  Your problem is that the Magix program isn't recognizing your camera, thus the "Could not connect..." message.  It is likely a driver problem.

Magix support is slow, but they usually respond.

Good luck
ralftaro wrote on 9/1/2009, 4:21 AM
Hi,

The problem is that the "Movies on DVD" line doesn't support HDV. The digital capture function you're triggering is just for standard definition and thus looking for a SD miniDV camera. If you can switch your camera to standard DV output, it will probably work, but only in standard definition, of course, which is probably not the most satisfactory solution. You might want to consider Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus, which does support HDV and feature to different DV capture options, one for SD DV and one for HDV, depending on what kind of camera you're using and what mode it is in.

http://www.magix.com/us/movie-edit-pro

I hope this helps - or at least explains the mystery behind this failure to capture.