Dual product upgrade

David-Horoschak wrote on 4/20/2024, 12:43 PM

I'm a current user of old versions of Samplitude, Sound Forge and Spectralayers. I have licenses for each separately. What is the best (most economical) way to update to the latest versions? I see lots of things bundled in different suites so it's a little hard to figure it out. If I upgrade my Samp license to Samp X8 Suite, does that include Sound Forge 18? And if so, the Suite version or the Pro version? (I think this matters for Spectralayers.)

Or do I need to purchase and maintain all licenses separately to stay up-to-date with the new version upgrades?

Comments

SP. wrote on 4/20/2024, 1:49 PM

@David-Horoschak Samplitude Pro X8 Suite includes Sound Forge Pro 16 (non-Suite). So, if you get the Pro X8 Suite upgrade (currently available for about $200), you'll get the newest version of Samplitude Pro X8 Suite, the newest version of SpectraLayers Pro, and the older version of Sound Forge Pro 16.

I speculate, that it could be the lowest price for an upgrade available directly from Magix. It's possible that X9 will be released in May or June (in case Magix still follows the yearly release schedule). Some weeks before a new version Magix usually hikes the upgrade price a lot, but then you'll get both X8 and X9 licences. But I wouldn't be surprised if they want $300 for this and you won't do much with X8 after X9 releases.