Drag to copy bug?

weevil wrote on 10/8/2021, 6:21 AM

Even with small sessions (AP 10 W 10) containing only a few tracks I always seem to encounter a bug where dragging an event to copy it stops working.

Everything is fine starting with an empty project.

But soon enough after you have built up a handful of tracks, holding ctrl and left-click and dragging an event suddenly no longer works. The outline moves with the mouse as you drag the event, but once you let go nothing happens. The outline disappears and the event is in the same spot.

The same with right-clicking and dragging and selecting Copy Here or Move Here.

The other quirk is that it only happens on some tracks and not others.

I can’t see any obvious link in the tracks it happens to, both audio and MIDI events can be affected.

Standard copy and paste continue to work as normal.

It seems to happen with every project and is super annoying. Anyone else have this?

Comments

weevil wrote on 10/12/2021, 3:00 AM

It's an icy cold wind blowing through these parts.

emmrecs wrote on 10/12/2021, 3:48 AM

@weevil

I suspect that icy cold wind may be blowing because no other user has encountered the problem and so cannot make any suggestions as to why and/or how to avoid it!

I think you may need to create a Support Ticket.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DanB wrote on 10/17/2021, 7:08 PM

I have encountered that problem. It seems to happen sporadically and is a minor annoyance.I just use Ctrl C/Ctrl V or copy/paste from the right click drop down menu when it happens. It's just another one of those things you need to work around. :-/

weevil wrote on 10/17/2021, 11:03 PM

Interesting.

It’s super common for me. Once I have spent more than a couple of hors on something it appears.

I use the workarounds, but because the issue is so ubiquitous for me it basically makes all the drag and drop editing permanently non-functional.