Does not open due to plug-in scan

mark-maynor wrote on 5/30/2018, 11:13 AM

Acid Pro 8 upgrade freezes at certain plug-ins (both 64 and 32 bit versions). NOT always the same ones. Acid Pro 7 (from Sony) works fine as does all my other audio software. Magix wants me to move my plug-in folders, however, I am NOT moving them and causing potential problems for my other software to accommodate an obvious problem with Acid 8. I don't think it is ready for prime time. What a disappointment. Sony Acid 7 is working far better. I waited 10 years for this??????

Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/31/2018, 1:48 AM

@mark-maynor : Intrigued by your post, I opened up AP8. I have all my VSTs revealed, except anything from the company WAVES and Celemony, yet both these Vendors VSTs are revealed in AP7. I'd like that explained

Is there an option to rescan VSTs in AP, as there is in VegasPro?

My experience may not assist you in your quest, but at least I'm having issues which are VST related, and maybe this might help/assist the Moderator on this Forum to get a reply.

emmrecs wrote on 5/31/2018, 4:03 AM

Hi to both @mark-maynor and @Grazie

First, I need to make clear I am NOT a user of AP, but there have been several threads in the forum relating to "disappearing" VSTs. I don't know if this is directly relevant to you two (but @mark-maynor does mention 32 bit VSTs); AP8 is 64 bit, unless you also choose to install the 32 bit variant I understand, and, as such, can ONLY use 64 bit VSTs. If you want/need to run 32 bit versions you need to find, buy and install jBridge (it's very cheap) and use it to "convert" the 32 bit versions to run in a 64 bit environment.

If I'm saying something you already know, or if this is no help to you, my sincere apologies 😉😉

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Grazie wrote on 5/31/2018, 4:21 AM

No worries Jeff. You’ve underlined my thoughts on this. Am I correct in thinking that AP8 rescans for VSTs on Booting?

mark-maynor wrote on 5/31/2018, 5:31 AM

Thanks. I understand about the bridge but I don't think that will help in my situation. Both 32 bit versions and 64 bit versions are held up by different plug-ins respectively. I can avoid scans at startup and get the software to load, but then I do not have effects I need. If I scan WITHIN the software, it freezes again. I prefer to not end up with the 32 bit version because I have that now in Acid Pro 7. The reason I upgraded was to move Acid to 64 bit.

mark-maynor wrote on 5/31/2018, 5:34 AM

Something is wrong with AP8 if my 10 year-old version 7 loads these plug-ins and 8 does not.

emmrecs wrote on 5/31/2018, 5:38 AM

Something is wrong with AP8 if my 10 year-old version 7 loads these plug-ins and 8 does not.

Agreed, I think. But can you check whether the 32 bit version is stalling on the 64 bit VSTs, and vice versa?

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

mark-maynor wrote on 6/4/2018, 1:15 PM

It is getting hung up on a plug-in which is 64bit so a JBridge type of thing would not help. There are ISSUES with this update and I am frustrated.

emmrecs wrote on 6/4/2018, 1:29 PM

Which specific plug-in? Not all plug-ins are created equal, and some have been created, in the past, which do not follow the "strict rules" which the VST specification expects. Such plug-ins can cause problems to software that "demands" strict adherence to the specs.

Just a thought.

Jeff