Does Magix Photostory Deluxe 10 have video editting capabilities?

lfairfull wrote on 9/5/2014, 8:11 AM

I use Photostory Deluxe 10 to create DVD slideshows.  I have only used still photos for these projects but I would now like to incorporate short video clips.  I would specifically like to know if I can remove audio from my video clips.  I do not in all cases want to hear the audio from the video but rather the music track I have selected.   I would also like to know how to crop out sections of the video.  Does photostory deluxe 10 have these editting capabilities?  I also have Movie Edit Pro 13.  Should I edit my video clips in that and then can they be imported into photostory deluxe?  What is the best way to proceed? 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/5/2014, 2:31 PM

Hi,

I don't have your version of PhotoStory, only 2013. In this version it is easy to remove the audio that is with the video. Go to timeline mode. Right-click on the video, select Audio and waveform display, Remove audio object. You may have something similar.

Or, the audio is shown below the image in timeline mode. In the middle lower area, there are up/down arrows. These control the volume of the object. Drag it to the bottom to turn the volume to 0.

Since you have MEP2013, you have a much better tool to make slideshows and videos. Use it instead. There is no need to return to PhotoStory afterwards, you simply create the DVD in MEP, or export to one of the formats. PhotoStory is actually a "light" version of Move Edit Pro.

You can try opening a new project in MEP. Then with Windows Explorer, find the your PhotoStory filename with the extension MPH. Drag it onto the timeline in MEP. It may crash the program once or twice. Don't give up. It should give you a message box indicating that the file was created with another program, do you want to convert it. Yes. It will bring your file in. When you save, it will be saved with the MEP extension, MVP.

Good luck!

Last changed by browj2 on 9/5/2014, 2:31 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos