Distortion sound

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 3/8/2023, 8:12 AM

Music Maker 64 Bit version 31.0.4.35

I have tested all my audio systems from my mics, to my computer and sound board. I tested the sound out by playing Spotify and it was crisp clear sound. When I use the mics through the sound board, sound is crisp. But whenever I play back any sound through the software it has a crackling distorted sound. This was after having other audio problems with the software that was resolved when I closed and reopened the software. I even shut my computer down twice and I'm still getting distortion.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/8/2023, 8:14 AM

@Danny-Gilbert Did you shut the computer down and then turned it back on or did you restart it? Only a restart will reset drivers and background services. A shutdown will save the current (probably broken) state of the drivers and reload them.

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 3/8/2023, 11:44 AM

Ah ha! I did not shut my PC down, i will try it now and see if that's the abracadabra

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 3/8/2023, 12:07 PM

Awsome, It worked like a charm and now the sound is clear, thank you very much!

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 3/8/2023, 10:35 PM

Another problem, it worked ok but then it acted up again and begin to freeze up first and then it started playing real fast

SP. wrote on 3/9/2023, 4:11 AM

@Danny-Gilbert I would guess that's your audio device and driver bugging out. Restart again. After that increase the buffer sizes. If you use an ASIO driver increase the buffer sizes inside the driver settings by clicking on the Advanced button in the Music Maker program settings.