distorted bottom edge of picture from vcr

brians298 wrote on 3/2/2011, 3:55 PM

hey guys,

brian the newbie here again.

im discovering that this business of transfering my box of old vhs to the computer for digital storage to not be as easy as i though it would be.

seems we all get some unique problems to solve..

heres one of mine..

My vcr is  the centre of my hifi system.. i have dvd and foxtel (australian cable tv) plugged directly into vcr and i just choose whichever one i want to view at the time.

i have a problem which does not appear when i feed live analogue cable tv or dvd through my vcr to the computer...

iThe fault only appears when vhs tape is playing ...... at the bottom of the screen..

this distortion does not appear on any tape i play directly on  my Crt tv

so the tapes and the vcr seem ok.

only happens when vhs is playing into the pc ( i can see it like this in the preview box)

remember all three sources are going through vcr and along the same cable to the pc...

i can switch instantly between the three sources and only see it from vhs tape.

Does anyone know why this would be and how to fix?

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 3/3/2011, 3:26 AM

Hi Brian,

perhaps you could try the following. When you connect the USB video converter to your VHS, then connect to the socket where you have your TV lead attached. Don't share the signal by having both attached at the same time, but take the best for the USB converter.

Disconnect ALL other USB devices from your computer when recording, and do not connect via a hub, but directly to a USB port on your computer.   Maybe that'll help.

Cheers, M o' L