Display PDF-files in fullscreen mode from web-page

arnenu2 wrote on 3/24/2020, 12:24 PM

Hi, I wonder if it is possible to view files in full screen mode from a web site designed in Xara Designer Pro X 2020?
I have created a PDF link to files that users of the web page should be able to see in full screen mode without any copy or print option. I have arranged for this in the saved PDFs, but it does not seem to have any effect.
Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/24/2020, 2:55 PM

@arnenu2

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Since you are using Xara Designer Pro I have moved your post to the correct area of the forum.

I don't have or use Designer Pro so cannot directly help with that aspect of your question. However, how or indeed if a pdf file will open in a site-visitor's browser (or will require downloading first) is a setting the user can make in his/her browser and is not in the control of the web site designer.

If this is available to you, the usual advice for making any document appear full-screen in a browser is, I believe, to put it in an i-frame; the viewer clicks on something like a thumbnail and the i-frame then can be set to open full-screen.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 3/24/2020, 4:23 PM

@arnenu2

Hi

. . . . a PDF link to files that users of the web page should be able to see in full screen mode without any copy or print option. . . . . I have arranged for this in the saved PDFs but it does not seem to have any effect . . .

It is not possible to protect a PDF file from copying or downloading, though you can make them non-editable.

The way a browser works all the web content - text, images, PDF's, are downloaded to the viewers PC before they can be displayed, it is not difficult to get images or PDF's.

Streaming video may be considered an exception, however even it is not too difficult to acquire.

I am puzzled why you want to protect the PDF's, their most common usage on a website is for the viewer to be able download and/or print them.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/24/2020, 4:26 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.