Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 10/10/2013, 12:43 AM

John,

A couple of questions...

First, exactly what is the error message you get?

Second, what do you do to generate the error? Is the problem getting the program to run at all, or does the program run but fail to locate clips etc you have used previously?

A move from XP to Vista suggests that you must  have re-installed Movies on DVD under the new operating system. I don't know if things like desktop shortcuts get reused -- they may no longer point to the correct location. Also extra hard drives (or partitions) might get assigned new drive letters under Vista.

Regards,

Carl

john.lyon wrote on 10/10/2013, 4:58 AM

Hi Carol,

Thanks for looking at this.

I reinstalled the proram onto my new laptop - at the time - which runs on Vista instead of my old PC whicjh ran XP.

I have made a project consisting of ~105 photos along with music from 4 different sound tracks. - saved this then wnet to make CD.

I made the back ground having loaded up the project and then clicked on make CD.

The dialog box opened but therer are no disc drives visible in the disc drive area.

I did export the project which worked to a degree and saved it on a CD in my E drive (CD read write drive) but as it was over 99 photos it came up with a message saying it would only index every seconds photo and once I had burned it it played on my more up to date laptop through HDMI  to the TV but there was a lot of the photos missing (Obvioulsy since I know understood that indexing would not use all photos) and the end of the movie was my daughter at her prom whicjh was missing.

I can only tink of truncating the project to 2 or 3 movies and playing them after each other - its really anoying as I have made lots of them in XP and they were all great

John

johnebaker wrote on 10/10/2013, 2:05 PM

Hi John

. . . . saved it on a CD in my E drive (CD read write drive) /. . . .

Is the drive really a CD read/write only? 

Are you making a VideoCD instead of a DVD ?

Are you dragging and dropping the files onto the disc?

If so then this may be the problem - CDs have limited capacity and your project may be much bigger then a CD can hold, hence the messages and problems you are getting.

If you have a DVD writer and it is not appearing in the dialogs then try updating the Burn routines available here - you will need to login with the email address and password you used when you registered the software.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/10/2013, 2:05 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.