Disable auto update

Jarrod-Morrison wrote on 4/2/2020, 5:44 AM

I'm in an educational institute with an internal licensing server running Acid 11, it is forever asking to update and if my users do it then it breaks the licensing for all users and we have to reinstall again. I cant find anywhere to disable it permanently, is there a registry key or preference file someone knows of to stop the behavior ??

Comments

sheppo wrote on 4/3/2020, 4:56 AM

Hi, @Jarrod-Morrison

updating will never take you from one major version to another major another, doing so would require a new license, as you say. Rather, the notification is telling you there's an update within the current version which will provide bug fixes, and will not break licensing.

Anyway, if you wish to disable this I believe the third option on the general tab will prevent checking for updates. I don't actually have AMS11, but it's the same functionality on AMS10, and AP10 despite being worded differently.

Jarrod-Morrison wrote on 4/3/2020, 5:30 AM

You are correct in that it is an update in the current version but does a reinstall so without the correct install command line it removes the network license information and reverts to an email authorisation which doesn't work for us as we have 300 devices and students moving around using them in multiple locations so the internal network license server caters for this with concurrent licensing. We have had to fix it already on give or take 90 devices

In preferences the third option is use newsfeed to stay informed about acid product updates and appears to be user specific as opposed to a whole machine so I'll try it but was hoping for a simple registry key to affect the whole device we could remotely deploy

Jarrod-Morrison wrote on 4/7/2020, 4:27 AM

So support confirmed what I am after doesn't currently exist but they are working on a solution for enterprise / education environments to cater for the issue