Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/16/2021, 4:57 AM

@DanS

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I'm not sure why you are seeing that specific error message, but are you aware that S-video carries NO audio? Do you have a separate audio connection between your camera and the computer? If not, that may be the reason why the transfer fails.

Have you also designated a folder where the recorded files can be stored, and is it accessible to Video Easy? One frequent problem we see is that users' antivirus and/or firewall prevents "unknown" apps accessing a user's Documents folder, which is the standard location for the storing of these files. If that is the location you have set, you need to make sure that your AV and/or Firewall is granting access to your Documents folder. Which antivirus and firewall are you running?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DanS wrote on 3/16/2021, 5:17 AM

Thank you!

I have solved the issue with the sound. I have an extra cable. Now I can also hear clearly on the computer.

It is probable that you are right about the main problem. I don't see any new maps in Document.

We have Windows Defender.

I think the problem is that Documents is first saved in some sort of a cloud, not on my computer. My computer is a job computer, and we have that system. So what I need is to be able to save at some other place, e.g. on the Desktop

How do I change the destination of the created files.

best regards

Dan S

emmrecs wrote on 3/16/2021, 9:02 AM

@DanS

I don't have Video Easy so cannot be sure, but is there a Program Settings screen within the app that allows you to designate a drive and folder where the video files are to be saved?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

DanS wrote on 3/16/2021, 10:42 AM

I don’t think so. I have not find it anyhow

i think one has a chance when the program is installed. I will te-installera to check

Best regards

dan

johnebaker wrote on 3/16/2021, 11:19 AM

@DanS, @emmrecs

Hi

. . . . I think the problem is that Documents is first saved in some sort of a cloud, not on my computer. My computer is a job computer, and we have that system . . . .

If you work computer is part of a bigger network that has a centralised Documents folder in Cloud storage and no local Documents folder then this could be why you are not seeing any files .

The captured video will be saved in the project folder that is created locally when to start a new project. I no longer have Video Easy installed, however IIRC, the folder should be be in a subfolder of Documents, Magix, Video Easy.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

DanS wrote on 3/16/2021, 12:04 PM

No map is formed

no possibility to steer where the map should be formed. I give up and regard the money I have spent on the program as lost!