Difficulty adding music

kaokeefe75 wrote on 5/24/2012, 8:58 PM

Just purchased this program today, as I was tired of all the errors my Windows moviemaker was giving me.  It seemed like a relatively easy program to use until I tried to add music to my (finished) slideshow.  When I try to add music, an error message ready "Path A not found".  I have tried multiple times and different ways to get music on my program, but they all end with this message.  Is it not compatible with downloads from itunes and amazon?

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 5/25/2012, 5:01 AM

Hi, Many iTunes files are protected, so you won't be able to use them at all.  However the message you describe is not the one I get when I try to drag and drop a protected file from windows explorer.  How exactly are you trying to add the file to your slide show?  Please be as specific as possible. Finally can you get that file to play in iTunes, an obvious question, but best to be sure.

johnebaker wrote on 5/26/2012, 4:46 PM

Hi

Sounds like you are getting copyright protection blocking access to the files.

AFAIK downloads from ITunes can only be played on registered devices eg IPhone, IPad, ITunes etc.

The same is likely for Amazon.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/26/2012, 4:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gandjcarr wrote on 5/28/2012, 8:30 PM

Hello,

While my first inclination was to mention the iTunes "protected" file approach, the reason I asked for more detail is that you said that the error you received was "Path A not found".  If you try to use the PhotoStory media browser to import or add a protected file, (at least in the version that I am using), it will not even show you the file as a candidate.  If you open windows explorer and try to drag the file into your project,  the error I get is this one.

Very different from what your error message was.  That is why I asked for more detail as to how you are trying to add that music file to your project.

Not all iTunesfiles are protected, so I think something else may be happening here.