Different results for text on the internet from what is in software

doug_mccarron wrote on 6/20/2021, 3:20 PM

I am having trouble with some text in a text box (Web Designer Premium 18.0.0). In the software everything looks great. On Firefox it looks right. In MS Edge, Chrome, and Opera the text is underlined. I tried to send gif, jpg or png images but don't see how to. I am more than happy to email them to someone but this site isn't allowing it.

The text is not underlined in the software, and as there is no formatting outside the text that I am aware of. I have no way of fixing this as I can't see the underline on my screen in the software.

Additionally I was testing a non internet standard font called Rock Salt As I title header just to see if it worked and then I took it out. Now randomly various texts and links are showing up as Rock Salt instead of Trebuchet MS that I selected from the web safe fonts. Apparently once I put in the Rock Salt font and then took it out Web Designer Premium didn't really get rid of it and is randomly substituting it in ways I can not control nor see in the software but it is being so generated when I publish the site. This, along with the unwanted underlining, makes the site look unprofessional and a big mess. As I have no way of tracking the fonts in use or if they really are deleted, or how the internet is doing this when it doesn't look at all what is on my screen, I am quite frustrated. And concerned about the software.

Additionally I have started using Dark Reader to reduce the amount of blue and white light coming into my brain. This adds a problem because I can't convert text boxes to an image because the image will have a white background on a black screen within Dark Reader, so I have to use just text. And I have no idea why all the issues are happening and how to fix.

Can you tell me how to fix this please?

Should it matter the site is generating 6 pages as variants for a responsive web site for various devices. In addition I am trying to make it look great DARK READER on the sites, and having a lot of trouble.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

16GB Memory

Thank you
Douglas Scott McCarron

Last changed by doug_mccarron

We are born an awareness that takes a body. During life we build a personality, defense system, understanding of life. But all of that came after we were born, and is not who we truly are. We are each one seven billionth of one species among hundreds of thousands of species on a small little planet that circles a small ball of fire in a galaxy containing more suns than all the grains of sand in all the deserts of the earth, a galaxy among billions of galaxies, a galaxy flying through never ending space at 1,304,880 miles per hour. Our made up personality wants to be the center of all things, a god, but we aren't. We are like those little grains of sand in the endless eternal desert, but diamonds and sapphires are grains of sand. Like those little grains of sand, we are each a beautiful diamond. Let God love you.

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...