Dark background-Arggh!-SOME SUGGESTIONS-Requests please

Former user wrote on 4/30/2018, 2:18 AM

Getting right to the point:

1. The new background is dark, hard to see the track's loop end unless its clicked on. Please add an adjustable contrast/brightness. Constantly find myself squinting at the screen.

2. Adding a VST instrument is still the old way, please make it easier where an instrument is easily added, used, and then bounced to an audio track without having to export, as for now, its multiple steps to get to it, getting into Synth's properties is a pain, you have to get into the mixer and even their, its not just the synth, it automatically adds an additional Midi track.

3. Bug: if the clip properties window is docked and its expanded, there is a blue tint that covers the properties window. Only way to avoid that is to detach the window.

4. If Ctl+M is used to quick render a region, it saves to a folder of your choice, but when same is done again to another region, acid keeps reverting to "media saves" folder instead of the last used folder. Thats a huge pain!

5. Piano Roll, unless used "inline midi", the midi track will not play along with the global Play when editing Midi.

6. When zoomed in extremely close, the entire GUI becomes slow and choppy. I have seen others have complained about this in version 7, unbelievably it still exists in version 8.

These are some of the few, please address these. I am making a complete switch from FL Studio & Logic Pro for good. Acid Pro 8 is almost a perfect DAW once again.

Comments

shintobi wrote on 5/29/2018, 7:47 AM

Dear OvercastWinds,

thank you for your effort, creating this post.

1. forwarded to the developement team

2. developement team already working on this

3. this bug is already known and will be fixed

4. forwarded to the developement team

5. forwarded to the developement team

6. can you support a gif for this? What kind of graphic card are you using?

Best Regards,

\Tobi

william-firey wrote on 6/4/2018, 4:58 AM

My problem with the new darker screen on Acid 8 is pretty simple... I cant see some things that I need to work with. Having a cool, "dark look", is not cool if you cant see what you're doing. For Example... In Acid 7, I could insert markers to label the parts of the song (chorus, verse, etc.). I can still insert markers in Acid 8 but it useless to label these markers because they are now too dark to read. I wish there was a way to make the labels I need to put on these markers visible again. It would make my like much easier!

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/4/2018, 7:29 PM

Guess you know what i going to say ?

Yup your right the Dark colour is foul its just so unusable, Makes you wonder if some Hacked the Sony Code Changed the colour from Usable to Just Crap Then the same people Hacked Magix Website making BOLD CLAIMS that a New amazing Interface had been designed to bring Acid Pro Back as the Ground Breaking DAW .Fooled us all into thinking the Worlds Best Daw would be everything it was plus a few tweaks etc, all the payments then went to the hackers .that 1st week as the complaints racked up they put site back to magix leaving us all wondering DID THEY REALLY GET HACKED OR Did Magix put it out to get a nice amount of cash in bank to now spend on development Acid ?

I love Acid Used it since v1 -v7 now v8.

A Simple fix would be menu contrast brightness and hue sliders to give us some control over it.I have always run my pc/laptop in plain simple grfx .No Shadows Loads of Colour Preview boxes its just Plain but simple to look at (remember W98 ).Didnt strain my eyes could see what it said in the menu in the mixer etc unlike now, (school boy error )Please sort it quickly my concern is Acid licence is not a forever free updates just v. Updates or a year i cant remember but if its on a year we are month in and no sign of update?Is that correct?I trust Magix Will start the update policy from the day a V. update lands.Not from date of Purchase.

I love it still though Not going say its very stable as i cant count all the times it crashed .But untill completely reinstall windows to confirm all previous acid version have been removed ....

LooneyBinJim wrote on 7/3/2018, 10:17 AM

I Love Acid ive been a user since v2 and i love it but this dark screen is pain in the backside.

I have reverted to something i never thought would fix it but ...I have always used the Performance info in windows control panel selecting the best performance option.However i found if you switch to best for apperance& windows aero theme is a must .This fixed my Acid 8 visual problems.I also changed some of the icon colour settings in acid which has helped.Although i would much prefer to switch back to my old windows apperance just plan flat no shadows etc ,,Now if only Acid 8 was stable so i could maybe finish some music or just spend sometime using acid for some creative fx fun...