cutting video

agavina wrote on 3/8/2010, 8:45 AM
I just purchased this program yesterday.  I'm having trouble with the cutting to burning part.  I cut my video to the lenght and section desired.  I went on to the burning tab.  I previewed my video as to the desired length, but when it burned to the disk it recorded the full video. 
-I'm trying to select 15 min clip from a 30 min video and whant to just burn the 15 min. 
Not looking to add any fancy edditing for this 15 min clip, jut down load as is.
Help!
Movie Edit Pro 16

Comments

Securityman wrote on 3/8/2010, 3:36 PM
I find that if you save the project to a new name after you do your cuts then burn from the new project you should only get the part you want. Magix retains the entire clip after the cut (you can expand the clip by pulling it to the right in the edit screen) so it may be retaining the entire movie when you burn it.
bobbynuts wrote on 3/8/2010, 6:14 PM
In your project have you actually made the cuts and deleted out the bits you don't want ... don't worry your original video material is safe when you do this.

If you have just selcted the scenes you want by clicking on them I don't think this will burn your selections to disk