Comments

browj2 wrote on 7/6/2020, 4:23 PM

Why don't you just ask here?

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Alice-Bass wrote on 7/6/2020, 4:40 PM

It's hard to explain with typing, would be much easier to talk to someone. I'll try...

Alice-Bass wrote on 7/6/2020, 4:43 PM

Firstly, I'm trying to update my Xara Designer Pro X program and i get this...not sure what this means, is there an update? isn't there an update?

Alice-Bass wrote on 7/6/2020, 4:50 PM

next, my pointer is jumping all over the place, I'm not sure if it's the program or not but I am only having this issue in Xara Designer Pro X. I put the pointer on the 'text' box icon to type and it jumps to the shapes (square, circle, etc.). If I select something and try and move it on my page, it's jumping to something else and moves it. If I try and enlarge an image and pull on the resize corner, it jumps to something else on the page and moves it. Did I hit something wrong somewhere along the way and this is why I'm having issues? I don't know but I can't get any work done because I can't do what I need to do to design...I may have done something or not done something but this is very frustrating to not be able to talk to someone and get this solved is all I'm saying....:)

Alice-Bass wrote on 7/6/2020, 6:12 PM

Finally, I'm trying to export a file as a PDF, here's what I'm getting...

browj2 wrote on 7/7/2020, 8:24 AM

@Alice-Bass

To be clear, you can talk to someone but they will still need the basic information to even start to help, and you have not provided this. There are questions to be answered that are requested on the instruction dialogue when you posted. Answering these would help. Remember, no one can see your screen and no one knows what you've done.

Magix uses a written ticket system and you open one and give the requested details.

Start with giving the details of your computer, operating system and version, then the program. You have exactly which program and version? See under Help, About.

1. The first image that you show is truncated. Is that what you actually see? Is there no message with it?

Under Help, Check for updates, what do you get? it will tell you if there is a new update.

2. This is all very strange and I have not come across anyone with similar problems on the Talk Graphics forum (dedicated to Xara). Does the mouse jumping around happen in any other programs? Does it happen every time that you open the program, even after rebooting?

3. Export to PDF. Exactly how are you doing this? Provide exact steps and what happens along the way.

Can upload the XAR file to a file sharing site, like Dropbox, so that we can try it?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

GabrielMark-Hasselbach wrote on 8/25/2020, 12:48 PM

The Magix system does not even allow you to go to a Support Ticket link anymore, nor do they answer emails. More and more problems with not only Designer but Vegas, too. It says right on the update splash that this new update for Designer (not the $129 V17) is free for those with an active update subscription, but updating leads you to a 'remove program from computer' page (which is not optional) and after it says 'update successful', the version that shows is still 16._____ with no new version in Program files. It is all way too confusing and non-functional. Support sucks!!!! Even the support question window that pops up wont show Designer and wont close....

Alice-Bass wrote on 9/1/2020, 8:23 AM

I totally agree GabrielMark, if you have purchased a product, you should have access to speak to someone if you are having problems with that product. Try and figure out how to open a 'ticket' or post your issue to a forum and hope that someone will help you does NOT WORK when you have a deadline. I don't have time to read through suggestions and then type replies back and forth. If you could speak to someone, the issues can be resolved quickly.

browj2 wrote on 9/1/2020, 9:19 AM

As I said before, post your issue here, or better still, on the Talk Graphics forum that is dedicated to Xara. The people on TG are experts and have seen almost everything.

If you cannot articulate your problem in writing, give the requested details of your system and the software, and show appropriate screen shots, how on earth do you think that someone in phone Support will be able to understand what you are talking about? They can't see your screen. They don't know what you have or did and will likely not understand what you are talking about.

This is why Magix has this forum and written Support, prefaced by looking at FAQ's. Probably 99% of the problems have already been raised and shown in FAQ's. Telephone support costs money. Would you like to pay double the price or more for software for telephone support that you might not need or use? I wouldn't.

Look at many of the questions raised throughout forums. When you post a question, there are specific instructions as to what information to include. Do most people do this? No! Why not? Laziness?

I am frustrated all of the time by people not giving proper information and we have to play 20 questions, only to find out that we're not even talking about the right program or the right problem. They post under the wrong topic, poorly indicate their problem, don't give proper information about their problem. Etc. And you think that telephone support would help?

So, Alice, if your problem is so important that you can't take the time to properly articulate your problem either on this forum or Talk Graphics, or using Support by raising a ticket, buy a voucher and call Magix during working hours. Be prepared to actually have to articulate your problem and expect that they won't know what you're talking about and you will spend just as much time, if not more, than posting correctly on this forum or on TG or by raising a ticket. See below. For most cases, I highly doubt that "the issues can be resolved quickly" because we have seen in the forums that this is not the case even in written form.

You did not even reply to my request for details.

My rant for the day.

@GabrielMark-Hasselbach

Wrong. There is written ticketed support with Magix, but they should not have to answer the same question over and over again. See above. Did you even bother to look at the Talk Graphics forum? Ask your question there?

Here is the link to raise a ticket. You will get an automated reply with a ticket number and probably a request to run a system check program and submit the results. You can also use this email to submit more details, screen shots, etc. Magix usually takes a couple of working days to reply.

John CB

John C.B.

Alice-Bass wrote on 9/1/2020, 11:26 AM

I gave up on taking the time (that i didn't have) to type and take screen shots. I went back to an older version of Designer and no problems. I appreciate you sending the link for the ticket. Have a great day :)

browj2 wrote on 9/1/2020, 11:39 AM

@Alice-Bass

I strongly suggest that you sign up at Talk Graphics. There is a wealth of info there and very expert users who are just waiting to help solve problems.

John CB

John C.B.

Alice-Bass wrote on 9/1/2020, 12:04 PM

Will do, thank you John