custom audio in Photostory

Vira-Yakusha wrote on 1/11/2022, 9:09 AM

I use Magix Photostory Deluxe 20, and it looks like I can only use pre-packaged (or purchased in related online outlet) audio tracks when creating slide shows out of my photo collection.

Question: is there any way to use my own audio files (purchased separately) to create the Photostory slide show?

Thanks.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/11/2022, 9:22 AM

@Vira-Yakusha

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

There is nothing at all to prevent you using your own audio files in PS; simply drag it/them onto the timeline at the place where you wish them to be heard. This is exactly the same process as you would use with any "music" files supplied by Magix.

BUT please be aware that, whether or not you have "bought" these files you could be in breach of the copyrights held by the original writer(s)/publisher of the music and by the person who performed the music and by the person/company who recorded the file if you use them in this manner! Unless each of these "owners" has specifically allowed their work to be used in this manner by a third party (you) you could be subject to a claim for breach of copyright.

In practice, if your slideshows are purely for your personal use, i.e., you are not intending to make them available for public viewing anywhere there should not be a problem.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 1/11/2022, 9:23 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Vira-Yakusha wrote on 1/11/2022, 10:32 AM

Thanks for the quick response, Jeff. V.

Stefanie-Allen wrote on 4/27/2022, 8:57 PM

I am wondering the same thing. I do not see how music can be added in MP3 format. Is there a tutorial somewhere showing how to do this?

emmrecs wrote on 4/28/2022, 3:31 AM

@Stefanie-Allen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Please re-read my reply to @Vira-Yakusha; specifically this sentence: simply drag it/them onto the timeline at the place where you wish them to be heard.

But some caveats:

• Notice I said the Timeline. It is much easier to do this when in Timeline view.
  • Please note my comments about copyright. The fact that you have paid for a music track does NOT give you the automatic right to use it in a Photostory project.
  • Not all mp3s are created equal! Because there are a wide variety of formats which come under the "mp3" banner (basically to do with sample rate, bit rate, mono or stereo) it is quite possible that any one or more specific mp3s will not "play" or export in PS. In this situation you may ned to consider converting the non-playing mp3s to wav files.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Stefanie-Allen wrote on 5/1/2022, 10:21 PM

Thank you! I was able to drag/drop the song to add to my slideshow. What about if I want to delete that song and add a different one? How do I delete a song on the timeline?

emmrecs wrote on 5/2/2022, 3:51 AM

@Stefanie-Allen

To delete any object on the timeline, simply click on it to highlight it and hit the delete key on your computer keyboard.

Jeff

Stefanie-Allen wrote on 5/2/2022, 5:22 AM

OK I know this works for adding and deleting pictures, but I wasn’t sure if that is how you add and delete songs as well- because it doesn’t ever really show the song titles?