Creating a login system for a Web Designer website

Seanix wrote on 8/25/2019, 9:43 PM

I am running a website for a club, the club wants to have a login page to access other pages that are for members' eyes only. I discovered quickly that Web Designer does not natively support PHP login and SQL. I have spent hours looking for a solution, this login system has to let me put in the users manually and allow me to manage users easily which means social login is not an option. My thought is a 3rd party service that contains the users account info and login page to provide access control to certain pages on my website. I have never seen such a service but it does not seem like no one has ever thought of it. I would love to hear any ideas the community has to offer.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/26/2019, 5:09 AM

@Seanix

Hi

. . . . thought is a 3rd party service that contains the users account info and login page to provide access control to certain pages on my website. I have never seen such a service . . . .

There are many services that offer this however cost, sometimes significant, are involved. There are many sites that ask you to login using Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Instagram etc

However the issue is that as you still need PHP and MySQL.

It can be done by inserting code 'manually', you can find many examples on the Internet, to the Web Designer pages, however it is not easy, and can be time consuming if the site pages change regularly.

In creating a site with logins, you may need to take professional advice on meeting legal requirements which must be taken in to account depending on the country where the web site servers are located and countries where the members are located eg -

• EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
  • other local and international Data Protection laws/regulations etc.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/26/2019, 5:12 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Seanix wrote on 8/26/2019, 11:59 AM

Hi

Thank you for your response, I clearly see there is no easy way to do this. I was hoping that there was something that I missed in my search, but your post has reaffirmed what I had found out.

Sean