Corrupted picture.

peter-robinson wrote on 5/26/2019, 9:44 PM

After using this device for a few weeks and transcribing quite a few films via a dvd/vcr combo, I suddenly find the input signal is grossly distorted. i.e. the colour is virtually a monochrome blue tint with a few flashes of colour. I have checked all the connections, etc but no joy. I find this quite baffling as it was working fine one minute and not the next.

I'm running an Alienware Aurora on win 10. (about a month old)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/27/2019, 3:36 AM

@peter-robinson

Welcome to the Magix forums.

What is the source of the video whose image you show in your screen capture? I ask because I think this problem can be caused, either by the source footage being copy-protected, or because the format of the video does not match that expected by the playback machine, e.g. a NTSC machine playing a PAL video.

Hopefully, other users may also have ideas to suggest to you.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

peter-robinson wrote on 5/27/2019, 6:40 AM

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

The signal actually comes from my Sky+HD box which is connected though a DVD/VCR combo. The 'live' signal is also corrupted as well as the playback. Even tried one of my own recordings on DVD. I am not an expert, but it seems to me that the luminance signal and sound is OK but the colour information signal isn't. The signal comes down a 15m USB extension cable, which is the powered type and worked OK up to now. Tried different USB sockets on the PC and it's still the same.

I have several more things to try - using a different source connected directly to the PC, etc. But I'm beginning to think the device has failed somehow.πŸ˜•

Β 

Β 

peter-robinson wrote on 5/27/2019, 11:41 AM

Update.... I have just tried bypassing the 15m cable and connected the device straight into the PC from a different DVD player. Result? Exactly the same fault. πŸ˜•

emmrecs wrote on 5/27/2019, 1:25 PM

@peter-robinson

Hi again.

I don't have a Sky, hence no Sky+ box, but is it possible that the output which you are using is being deliberately scrambled to prevent copying? Hence the comment in my first post.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

peter-robinson wrote on 5/27/2019, 2:18 PM

Apparently not. I've already done about 20 movies beforehand quite successfully. And if that were the case why do inputs from different sources (my own recorded DVDs) exhibit the same fault?

emmrecs wrote on 5/28/2019, 4:14 AM

@peter-robinson

I'm beginning to think the device has failed somehow.πŸ˜•

Given what you say in your last post I think you may well be right!

Sorry I/we couldn't help.

Jeff

peter-robinson wrote on 5/28/2019, 11:04 AM

πŸ™‚Β Thanks for paying attention. πŸ˜„

Kalenser wrote on 7/28/2019, 3:55 PM

After using this device for a few weeks and transcribing quite a few films via a dvd/vcr combo, I suddenly find the input signal is grossly distorted. i.e. the colour is virtually a monochrome blue tint with a few flashes of colour. I have checked all the connections, etc but no joy. I find this quite baffling as it was working fine one minute and not the next.

I'm running an Alienware Aurora on win 10. (about a month old)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. πŸ˜ƒ

Β 

Hello Peter, I have got the came problem from the very beginning. Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks a lot

emmrecs wrote on 7/29/2019, 3:20 AM

@Kalenser

Welcome to the Magix forums.

@peter-robinsonΒ has not posted back to tell us whether he was able to resolve the problem, but the fault-finding he details in his posts strongly suggests it is/was the Magix device that caused the problem for him.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Kalenser wrote on 8/4/2019, 1:43 PM

Hi there. Just in-case someone is interested still...

In my case the issue was caused by the mismatch of Video format in program setting and the actual one. I.e. I have video recorded in PAL but the default video format was set to SECAM based on my geographical location (Russia)

Hope it may help some one

Cheers