coreFX Utility Fader Almost Useless

davidmolina wrote on 5/7/2023, 9:06 PM

I really like coreFX Utility but the fader (which is what I would use the most) is kind of useless. You can only lower volume, can't raise it. If I wanted to raise volume, I need to use the output knob. But even if I lowered the fader by -10db and compensated with the output knob to give me some headroom for automation above 0db, the fader's resolution is linear so the resolution is too fine. A small move is too drastic either way.

Can Magix please change it to be logarithmic down to infinity and add some headroom to be able to add dB's and automate volume changes in a more controlled manner? Please?

Btw, I almost bought the suite for this plugin alone. I've been looking for a better designed utility plugin like this one, but thankfully I downloaded the trial and that fader just lost me. These are really nicely designed plugins. Simple, easy to use, and easy on the eyes. But the utility plugin was the main one I was interested in. I'll have to wait to buy this now.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/8/2023, 2:55 AM

@davidmolina Since no Magix staff is active in this forum I advise you to contact customer support at infoservice@magix.net so they can send your feedback and recommendations to the developers.

GRB wrote on 10/7/2023, 9:02 PM

I've been wondering about this Utility plugin and Magix has almost no info on it. Sounds cool. Hopefully they will update the fader as mentioned.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.