Content Pack 2 for Music Maker 14 is not showing up?

thatsamkid wrote on 4/24/2009, 11:59 PM
Hey,

I just downloaded Content Pack 2 for Music Maker 14 Producer Edition Download version, and nothing has changed. I was hoping it was going to add something to the Soundpool - instruments? Content Pack 1 gave additional synthesizers, yet, I don't think this one did anything.

Thank you very much for any help.

Regards Sam.

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 4/27/2009, 12:34 AM
Pack 2 contains the Vita synth; if you have that installed in the Synth tab, then you can be reasonably sure that the pack installed correctly.  Did all of the other three packs install right?

Tim
siglersmalz wrote on 4/29/2009, 11:21 AM
Getting the sound pool files to show up is easy and hard because it's automatic.  So, I won't be able to tell you exactly what the problem is on your computer, but I can share what I know.

In my computer, I have two HDDs (C: drive and D: drive).  I always install Magix Movie Edit Pro on my D: drive since I want that to be the HDD which does all the work (so if it wears out I don't loose my whole Windows OS and, my D: doesn't get busy doing any normal Windows operations while MEP is encoding and burning).

Recently I rebuilt my PC to factory settings and accidently installed Music Maker on D: drive, leaving all of the user folders on the default C: drive.  That's when I found out that MM would not load the soundpool database correctly.  Everytime I clicked the "Soundpools" tab, it would run through the "one time" loading of the database, but then nothing would be in the Soundpool tab.

I could find no answers in the Magix forums or on the Internet, so I uninstalled MM.  When I reinstalled it, that's when I realized what I had done.  Lesson learned: use the default user folder settings and/or make sure MM is completely installed on one HDD only.

What should happen:
After you install MM and go through the activation and installation of all four download files, click the "Soundpool" tab.  The first time you click it, it will automatically load up the database and then list all of the available soundpool files.  This is how you can load additional soundpool files if you ever purchase one of Magix available soundpool offers.

From then on, you just browse through, find the soundpool file you want and then click-n-drag it onto one of the tracks.  If this isn't happening, you should email Magix support directly via the Magix website (support).  I've emailed then several times in the last year and have always gotten a reply within a few days and most of the time, the reply has helped.

You could also check on the other Magix User's Forum support.magix.com.  They are more MEP oriented, but I have gotten help regarding MM in that forum in the past.

Good luck,

Tim