Content Catalog Issue

Lynne-McGowan wrote on 11/19/2020, 9:19 AM

I recently renewed my update subscription for Xara Web Designer Premium 17.1.0.60486  DL x64 Oct 30 2020 (this is what it says in the about menu). I use windows 10 Dell XPS 15, i7-9750H CPU, 2.6GHZ

I was sent a confirmation email containing a link in order for me to upgrade my software.

I upgraded the software and registered it correctly but when I started to use it I noticed that the content catalog no longer had Stock photos or illustrations. I looked at your FAQ's, online forums and as many support places I could to identify the problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I've checked that the content catalog properties are pointing to the correct location and it is. If I go to the url address directly I can see the catalog but obviously when I select import it does nothing as I'm not accessing it from within the application.

Im stuck now trying to fix this and Xara are no longer supporting this software and yet the content catalog goes to an address on their site??

I paid for the upgrade as I use the stock images etc frequently so can you please advise me how to fix this issue.

Regards

Lynne McGowan

Comments

Dino-Lobato wrote on 11/19/2020, 10:04 AM

I am having the same issue! I noticed that the content catalog no longer had Stock photos or illustrations .... HOW DO WE FIX THIS??? Fix this problem for us please!!!!

Lynne-McGowan wrote on 11/19/2020, 10:09 AM

I dont think Magix knows how to fix this and I think Xara want to sell us Xara Designer Pro+. I've tried everything and the only solution for me seems to be upgrade to the Designer Pro+. I was happier when Web Designer Premium was simply with Xara rather than this messy situation with Magix...its a nightmare.

emmrecs wrote on 11/19/2020, 10:23 AM

@Lynne-McGowan @Dino-Lobato

Welcome to both of you to the Magix user to user forums.

Just for clarification, Magix own Xara so they are, in essence, one company.

Have either of you raised this question with Magix via this support page? As user to user forums there are no Magix staff who visit here regularly, if at all.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Lynne-McGowan wrote on 11/19/2020, 10:31 AM

well why is Dimitri from Xara trying to sell me Designer Pro+ as a solution

Hi message

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for the clarification.

Xara Web Designer Premium is sold and supported by Magix so you will need to reach them for support on this topic.

We provide direct support for customers on the Pro+ and Xara Cloud subscriptions.

One recommendation is to try installing Xara Designer Pro+ to see if this works and displays the content you need. You can download it at https://www.xara.com/pro-plus-download/

If you like what you find, let me know. Since you already own a Xara product, you are eligible for a 50% lifetime discount on the annual subscription which covers full support and updates directly from us. If your update service with Magix is still active, we can also convert any remaining credit you have into Pro+ credits.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Lynne-McGowan wrote on 11/19/2020, 10:37 AM

I just downloaded and installed Designer Pro+ and its identical to Web Designer Premium with a few extra bits bolted on... Whats going on...and the content catalog works!!!

It points to the same file but I reckon there is a bug or something being done at registration.