connecting midi keyboard

Roy-Bailey wrote on 5/22/2023, 4:56 AM

Hi,

I am having problems connecting my Yamaha Clavinova through to my Acid Pro as a midi instrument. I have recently stating using a Focusrire interface after my babyface failed. I previously had a Babyface interface through which I could play my yamaha keyboard into a midi track using my Yamaha keyboard. My Focusrite midi light flashes when I connect the keyboard to my Focusrite interface however when I create a midi track in Acid it doesn't respond when I press keys on my yamaha. I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this problem. I use Native Industries Kontakt for my samples that I apply to a midi file.

Regards

RB

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/22/2023, 5:00 AM

@Roy-Bailey If I remember it correctly you need to select Focusrite USB MIDI In as the MIDI input.

Roy-Bailey wrote on 5/22/2023, 6:46 AM

The Focusrite doesn't appear to have a usb input. My Yamaha has a usb to device socket. Is it an option to usb socket on my yamaha direct to a usb input on my computer?

RB

SP. wrote on 5/22/2023, 6:58 AM

@Roy-Bailey No, I mean you connect your keyboard to the Focusrite MIDI input, like you've already done. Then the Focusrite interface is connected via USB to your computer.

If you have installed the Focusrite interface driver, it should also have installed a Focusrite MIDI Input and Output device into your Windows system.

If you open the Windows device manager and look under Sound, Video and Gamecontrollers there should be listed the Focusrite USB MIDI Input and Output.

If you select the Focusrite USB MIDI In device in the track settings in ACID the Focusrite interface will send the MIDI from your keyboard to your computer.