Comments

john-auvil wrote on 6/8/2010, 12:42 PM
It might be that the hardware for the program you have is not compatible with Windows 7 or not with a 64 bit OS.

I do not have that program, but I know of it. It had USB hardware. You might want to contact MAGIX support to see if there is any information available.
alidel wrote on 6/8/2010, 3:47 PM
Well, thanks for the answer but it's not very helpful.  The software is compatible with Windows 7, I made that sure when I bought it.  As for the rest, yes, I thought of that too.

Thanks anyway.

john-auvil wrote on 6/9/2010, 9:23 AM
I am sorry then, when I answered the question, it was based on me looking up the program system requirements from the manufactures page, which does not list Windows 7 as a supported operating system, perhaps the European version differs, I never looked that up, but as for North America this is what the manufacture has to say.

For Microsoft® Windows® XP| Vista™|

Minimum system requirements
  • Intel® Pentium® 4, 2 GHz or higher, or a comparable AMD® processor
  • 512 MB RAM
  • 1 GB hard disk memory for installation
  • Graphics card with DirectX 9.0 support and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
  • USB 2.0 port
  • Sound card
Supported devices
  • IEEE1394/FireWire/DV/i.Link interface for use with DV/Digital8/camcorders
  • USB camcorder (DVD/hard disk/memory card) and webcams
  • VfW or DirectShow®-compatible video, TV or graphics cards with video in
  • WDM-compatible TV tuner cards, DirectX®9 and BDA driver-compatible DVB T/S tuner cards
  • DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD RAM or CD R/RW burners
  • Microsoft® Media Center remote control as well as X-10 Standard-compatible PC remote controls (with installed X-10 software)
for Windows XP SP3

If you have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed please download this driver for your video converter and use it instead of the driver on the program CD.

It does not show Windows 7, nor any OS that is 64bit. It may be compatible, and maybe the other driver for the hardware listed for the XP SP3 would help?