Confirm my subscription and how to install Power suite on another PC

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/3/2020, 7:48 AM

I am confused regarding my subscription!

I renewed my subscription of £29.99 in February 2020 as I have done for the past few years.

Unfortunately there was some mix up and my PayPal account was debited twice, apparently under different contract numbers.

You refunded one payment!

On the 3rd March 2020 I sent you an email which stated that: "I didn't realise that I could use it on 3 devices so I now wish to use it on my wife's PC and on my laptop. Could you please let me know how I install the system on additional devices."

You did not reply to this query however, on the 6th and the 10th of March I received the attached emails and on the 17th March the one currently below.

Do I have a valid subscription and, if so, could you please confirm this and send me the details I requested on the 3rd March relating to how to install Power Suite on our other two devices?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 9:41 AM

@graham-w3197

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Please be aware these are user to user forums, not a contact for Magix Support so no-one here can give you an "official" answer as to whether you have a valid subscription! However, if the app continues to function fully and be updatable on your computer I think you can safely assume your subscription is still valid.

The usual answer for how to install software, that allows it, on multiple machines is to copy the installer, the original .exe file you received and which you have kept safely on your own computer (I hope), onto a suitable sized Pen Drive/Memory Stick, eject the pen from your computer, insert it, in turn, into the other machines you wish to install the app on run the .exe file, presumably called "SetUp.exe", or similar. I would expect that once the initial install is complete you will need to enter the registration/serial key which you would have been given when you first bought the app.

I notice you say you were wishing to attach copies of emails to your post. The forum does not accept such files and they should never be posted to a public forum like this one, anyway.  If you were able to somehow copy the content to a post it would be absolutely mandatory that you do not include any personal data or any reference to a named Magix staff member. Personal data is private and the naming in the forums of any Magix personnel is forbidden by the Community rules, which you can access in the footer of any forum page.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/3/2020, 10:05 AM

Thank you for the advice, I have been trying to get an answer from Simplitec's customer services since April but had no replies. For some reason my Download file is empty and the original email with the link to install was lost in a crash nearly two years ago when all my email records were lost. One of the problems with BT I'm afraid.

How then can I get the file again as I only have the system on my PC and my wife would certainly benefit from using it. We are both disabled and rely on the system running well and efficiently.

Best regards,

graham-w3197

emmrecs wrote on 6/3/2020, 10:54 AM

@graham-w3197

Thank you for the additional information.

You originally chose "PC Check and Tuning" as your Magix product but are now taking about "Simplitec Power Suite". I assume that is the correct product so have "moved" your post.

Whichever product you have you will also need your original serial number in order to fully install and use the app on the two additional computers.  If you do not know this number you need to go to your Magix account, log in, go to "My Products", find the item and you will see the registration key. Download the installer which should also be there (I would suggest you copy it to a pendrive, as previously mentioned) and then install it to those additional computers.

Finally, because that installer may well be for an older version, you should update the app on both computers.

Should your account NOT show your product the following MAY be helpful to you, but you will still need the appropriate serial number.

• If it is Simplitec Power Suite you need you can download the latest version from this page.
  • If it is Magix "PC Check and Tuning" (I notice many similarities between this and Power Suite) it is available here. Just make sure you scroll to the bottom of that page and download the Free Trial version.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 1:07 AM

Thank you Jeff,

The subscription part is sorted now but I am still trying to get the link to install Power Suite on a second PC from FastSpring.

Online support from the company is not the best I have dealt with!

Regards,

Graham

emmrecs wrote on 6/5/2020, 3:38 AM

@graham-w3197

Thank you for the update.

Do you have your serial key for Power Suite? If so, then follow this link (click here) to download the latest installer direct from Simplitec. You should not need to use FastSpring, which I think is a payment gateway?

HTH

Jeff

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 3:48 AM

The serial key was in the emails which were lost. Unless it is available through my account somehow?

Regards,

Graham

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 3:53 AM

Sorry, I did mean the support from Power Suite as a company not being much help!

emmrecs wrote on 6/5/2020, 4:17 AM

@graham-w3197

Have you checked your Magix account (click here) as I previously suggested?

Jeff

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 4:37 AM

I have, but there is no 'My Products' displayed under 'My Account' however there is a 'My contracts, subsection, which, when I click on it it states 'You have not made any contracts with us'.

emmrecs wrote on 6/5/2020, 6:35 AM

@graham-w3197

When you log in I assume you do not see these options then:

If so, I can only assume you have not registered any of your software with Magix. Is that correct? In which case the serial number is not going to be available by any other means than by the lost emails. I know the Support page for Simplitec directs to this forum (not helpful!) so your only hope is to raise a support ticket with Magix (use the Support button in the header of any forum page) and ask for their help. (I do realise you may well have already done this, without success. Unfortunately I don't think there is any other method to retrieve your serial key.)

Jeff

johnebaker wrote on 6/5/2020, 6:44 AM

@graham-w3197

Hi

. . . . the link to install Power Suite on a second PC from FastSpring. . . . .

What is the connection with FastSpring?

. . . . there is no 'My Products' displayed under 'My Account' . . . .

That would suggest you have registered the product under a different account / email address.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 7:53 AM

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for all your help.

I first bought Power Suite from Simplitec on line about 5 years ago, each year I have received a renewal notice, paid the fee and continued using the service. I have never had a problem, updated were applied, perhaps 2 years ago before my system crashed. The fact that I have a valid account confirmed by email from Fastspring and I have an account number. Why can't I just be issued with a replacement serial key? I updated Power Suite earlier today using the link you sent me and there was no problem

How can I get in touch with Simplitec tech support, I would have thought that was part of what I pay them for!

Regards,

Graham.

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 7:56 AM

Sorry Jeff,

Yes I did get a screen with those options, but My Products was not one of them!

Graham

emmrecs wrote on 6/5/2020, 9:18 AM

@graham-w3197

How can I get in touch with Simplitec tech support, I would have thought that was part of what I pay them for!

As I wrote earlier, it seems all support for Simplitec is now from Magix, so you need to do what I previously said, contact Magix Support.

This is a user to user forum; no-one here can give any other advice.

Jeff

graham-w3197 wrote on 6/5/2020, 1:30 PM

Thanks again Jeff,

My apologies once again, this is my first voyage into the magical world of the forum! I am not finding it easy to navigate through the intricate windings of the terminology and links and, at over 70 I am finding it hard enough to remember what day it is at the moment never mind learn complex new processes.

However, I have managed, after three attempts, to leave a message on Magix Support, I just hope it finds its way to someone who has the patience to understand it. I also managed to download the free version of Power Suite onto my wife's PC and hope one of the support magicians will be able to find my Serial Key to unlock the rest of it.

I must however have faith though, after all, I am a vicar!

Best regards,

Graham.