Computer ID? Computer Code? MPEG-4 Codec activation problem

lorrainekirby wrote on 9/21/2009, 12:42 PM

I've downloaded Movie Edit Pro to a new PC and activated it successfully using the old product key.  But when I try to add back the MPEG-4 Codec I find that my product key no longer works.  When I choose the 'restore activation' option I go through to a screen which asks for my 'Computer code'.  Despite sending a message to the Magix Help-Desk I'm none the wiser.  They tell me to go to the Activation/Upgrade option via the Help menu.... and it doesn't exist.

So where do I find my computer ID or computer code?  In simple English please folks

Comments

Clevo wrote on 9/21/2009, 4:45 PM
I would have thought, and I could be wrong, that a new product (or upgrade) will require a new activation code.

Make sure you are connected to the internet whan installing. A small file is required when activating that facilitates the upgrade
ralftaro wrote on 9/22/2009, 7:30 AM
Hi there,

When the MPEG-4 activation dialog comes up, you will also see a post/fax activation option, primarily for offline computer. However, this can also be used to just obtain the computer ID code for that particular codec activation. Just click on it and it will display the code. You can send that code back to Magix or put it into the "restore activation" procedure on the website to get a fresh MPEG-4 activation code for your new installation.

I hope this helps!