Comments

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 12:32 AM

@Richard-Ives The computer ID is only shown if you have a very old Magix software with a P2-serial number and start an offline activation. This isn't possible with P3-serial numbers.

Richard-Ives wrote on 5/5/2023, 6:16 PM

How can the software be very old when I just bought it like 3 or 4 days ago and it's a P3 serial number magix music maker premium 2023, not a P2... So now what? I'm not imagining this.

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 6:33 PM

@Richard-Ives Why do you need the Computer ID? Maybe I wrote it in a way that can be misunderstood. You don't get a Computer ID from Magix software which was released after the introduction of the P3 serial numbers. I believe this was back in 2014. A new version of Music Maker should never ask you for the Computer ID.

browj2 wrote on 5/5/2023, 6:35 PM

@Richard-Ives

Hi,

Music Maker is free. No Computer ID is required or requested. I have no idea what you are doing.

Watch this tutorial on getting Music Maker 2023 installed. Once done, do what I say in the tutorial - activate the Edition (not the program) using your P3 SN by putting it in the obvious box.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 5/5/2023, 6:35 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 6:35 PM

@Richard-Ives Maybe you try to create an Activation Code via your Magix.com user account. I believe you get asked for the Computer ID during this process. But like I wrote earlier, this doesn't work with software that was released after 2014.

Richard-Ives wrote on 5/6/2023, 1:33 PM

Ok, problem solved Thank u SP. 🙂 and Thank you browj2 🙂 Take care and be safe.

lizzie-s wrote on 6/16/2023, 2:18 PM

I am having the same issue. I have purchased the Physical disk. It does nothing when you put the disk in and doesn't recognise it. I tired following the steps on the magix website. register, activate and then it gets to computer ID. I have tried inputting it. it does not work. The tutorial above just explains how to install the free downloadable version, not the physical disk. any help?

SP. wrote on 6/16/2023, 2:53 PM

@lizzie-s Which version? Music Maker 2023 Plus or Premium Edition? You can simply install the free edition, enter your serial number and everything will be unlocked. No disc is necessary.

lizzie-s wrote on 6/16/2023, 3:16 PM

Premium edition. I installed the free edition and it came up saying a version already installed on this PC. Then said there was a user error or a sign in error and some of the features would be restricted or wouldn't function. I can't remember the exact terminology

lizzie-s wrote on 6/16/2023, 3:19 PM

I don't understand why it wouldn't just auto-run when you put in the CD and then you type in the serial number during the install process - Like every other program that comes supplied on a disk. Why supply a physical disk in the first place?

emmrecs wrote on 6/17/2023, 3:39 AM

@lizzie-s

@SP. asked you which version you have, mentioning the name Music Maker 2023. Can you first confirm that this is the version you have, please?

Also, where exactly did you buy MM Premium? I ask, because unless you specifically also ordered the back-up DVD (note, not CD) when you placed an order on the Magix website no physical disc would have been supplied I think.

I installed the free edition and it came up saying a version already installed on this PC

In this situation, the advice is to fully uninstall the current installation, using something like Revo Uninstaller Free (please follow its instructions carefully!) Using this helps to ensure that everything connected to the earlier installation is properly removed in order to ensure that any leftover files do not interfere with reinstallation.

Once Revo has finished, install the Free version and then enter your supplied Serial Key on the Registration/Activation screen. This will then convert the Free version to the full Premium.

Should you experience further problems it would be very helpful to see the FULL wording of that error message you received, please!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

lizzie-s wrote on 6/17/2023, 5:20 AM

Thanks for your response.

It is the music maker 2023 : Premium. We bought the beatbox package from the Magix website which included the novation launchpad mini and the CD/DVD with a serial number on the back of the package.

I will attempt to uninstall everything and reinstall it. Very unhelpful that this information is not provided when you buy the package. its pretty simple to stick in a slip of paper explaining that the user would need to download the free version and then upgrade to the premium as its is counter intuitive.

emmrecs wrote on 6/17/2023, 6:01 AM

@lizzie-s

Very unhelpful that this information is not provided when you buy the package. its pretty simple to stick in a slip of paper explaining that the user would need to download the free version and then upgrade to the premium as its is counter intuitive.

Agreed, it should not be necessary and usually isn't!

The suggested solution for you was made because "something went wrong" in your initial attempt!

HTH

Jeff

URGENT ADDITIONAL THOUGHT FOR YOU: Since you have a "special" edition of MM (Beatbox) it is almost certain that your DVD includes drivers etc., that will NOT be included in the Free Edition installer, nor will registering your Premium edition add them!

Can you take a screenshot of the contents of the DVD because I think you may need to carry out the installation from it? By all means, remove the previous installation in the manner already advised but do NOT, yet at least, attempt to download and install the Free version.

Sorry for this additional step.

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/17/2023, 6:16 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam