Comments

SP. wrote on 5/28/2023, 12:35 PM

@Danny-Gilbert This should work fine, if you get the license from https://producerplanet.com/us/audio/ The site uses the same e-mail address and password as Music Maker.

johnebaker wrote on 5/28/2023, 12:40 PM

@Danny-Gilbert

Hi

Did you go to planetproducer.com to purchase the commercial licence version as detailed in the image you posted?

Once purchased you do not have to uninstall/re-install - there is no difference in the actual Soundpools, you just have a licence to use them commercially.

Also note:

• You do not have Copyright of the Soundpool loops irrespective of the version you have

• Posting/selling your creations on Youtube/Spotify etc - may lead to copyright claims particularly from some third part entities which act on the behalf of some 'creators'.

In both cases - copyright of the Soundpools and loops belongs to Magix, the commercial licence does not give you exclusive rights to the Soundpools and loops.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

PATIENT-X wrote on 5/28/2023, 2:35 PM

@Danny-Gilbert

Hello welcome

This is an extract from Magix below;

Why do I have to pay to use songs I’ve created myself for commercial purposes? It might seem difficult to understand why you need to pay extra to publish loop-based songs that you’ve put a lot of time, effort and passion into creating. Especially when the track’s suitable for radio and you’d like to make it accessible to a wider audience and earn some money at the same time. If you want to sell your songs on CD or use your compositions as music for a film that’s going to be distributed on DVD, you will need to get what’s known as an Audio Pro license from MAGIX. The reason for this is the sounds and loops included in Music Maker and Music Maker Jam. These are created by professional musicians and developed and recorded exclusively in the MAGIX studios. Copyright, which protects intellectual property, applies to these. Although the loops and sounds are the property of MAGIX, they may be used for commercial purposes upon the payment of license fees.Because we want to enable people to have as much enjoyment when making music as possible, when you buy software (or Styles for the Music Maker Jam app), you acquire user rights for non-commercial use only. Otherwise, we would have to charge a much higher price for these products and wouldn’t be able to offer a free Music Maker version. To put it simply: If you are using sounds or loops from Music Maker or Music Maker Jam for commercial purposes, you need permission from MAGIX to do so.To make this process as easy as possible, you can easily purchase Audio Pro licenses for commercial use online. Note: Commercial use also refers to situations where you monetize videos with your songs on Youtube (for example), where money is generated through adverts. Acquiring an Audio Pro license is also necessary for this. Where can I get a license for the sounds I’ve used? The Audio Pro licenses for sounds used can be purchased on www.producerplanet.com. There are a choice of three types of license: “Standard”, “Advanced” and “Unlimited”.

The license terms and conditions are bound in terms of the number of downloads, webpage views, number of transmissions on TV and radio, and reproductions of the song. You can select the type of license that’s suitable for your needs depending on the amount of people to whom you make your songs accessible.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 5/28/2023, 2:36 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

Danny-Gilbert wrote on 5/29/2023, 1:01 AM

Ok, So Im somewhat confused as to what I have understood from the information posted by producer base and what Im reading in this post. I have already purchased 4 commercial licensed loops and about 25 non- commercial. I want to make music for my youtube videos and for an album, I want to ONLY use the 4 I purchased with commercial licensing. Please help me understand a little more...

johnebaker wrote on 5/29/2023, 2:28 AM

@Danny-Gilbert

Hi

Usage limits of the Soundpool loops depend on which licences you bought

If you bought the Commercial(Royalty free) loops then there is no limit to the number of views, streamings eg Spotify or reproductions ie your creations on disk.

If you bought Commercial Standard loops they do have some limitations in particular the ones most likely to affect you is the Reproductions, TV and Radio limits if your creations should be used in these scenarios.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.