Combining movie files seamlessly

GeocaverDan wrote on 10/13/2009, 3:04 PM
It seems like this question has been asked before in different ways and I have tried all of the answers, so let me clarify what I have here. I have a video documentary on my MEP15+ that I'm showing to the public at an amphitheater. When I first did the program at 40 minutes my drivers crashed, causing alot of problems and I ended up losing everything. So I decided to redo the program into 7 "chapters" but really they were movie files so when I finished the project and got ready to burn the DVD I couldn't no matter how hard I tried, get the 7 parts to come together seamlessly without going back to the DVD menu to click onto the next part or "chapter". So PLEEESE is there any way to get all those 7 files into one seamless movie. asoeli meintioned using the ctrl/C & paste to place all my projects on one timeline but I couldn't seem to get this to work. Also for my future movie a 60-90 min film how do you suggest that I file the completed scenes so I can bring them back later and put them into there timelines seamlessly without this problem.

Comments

asoeli wrote on 10/14/2009, 4:56 AM
<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt 70.85pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

First of all, I know there is another way of doing this in MEP 15, (File > Manage movie > Add movie), but I use MEP 14+.
Have you edited those 7 files separately, and saved them with different names? In v14 they have file endings .MVD, but in v15 they perhaps end .MVP (?)
Load file no 1, then Load file no 2. You get a warning: "A film is still open ---- "  Answer "Don't close" and load no 2. Now you have 2 films on 2 different Timelines. Press Ctrl+A in film 2, then Ctrl+C, (copy) and change to film 1 with Ctrl+F6 (or find it under Window). Move the red start cursor to a position a little past the end of film 1 (1 to 10 frames) and press Ctrl+V (glue in). Now you should have both films 1 and 2 on one timeline. Be shure to be in "Intelligent mouse mode", (Alt+2) and with the mouse drag the first scene of film 2 to the left to fill the gap. Or right-click the A/B-mark in scene 1 and you'll see that "Thru black" has a hook. Mark the "Cut" instead.
Now you can close film 2 and continue with film 3 and the rest. Finally, save the new project under a new name.
Some cameras, perhaps specially still cams with movie possibilities, can have a tendency to make "unclean" start and endings in a scene. (Perhaps Harddisk-cameras too) The first and/or last frame is only part of a frame, and this must be cut off to get a "seamless" movie. Expand the timeline to 1 frame or more (Ctrl+1) at the cut-point and check this very exactly. The problem may be a 1-2 millisecond “frame”.

Hope this helps, hope you succeed. I would like to see the result.