Color card title

fishycomics wrote on 3/5/2024, 9:29 AM

MAgix 2023 Perpetual lifetime updated, and lenova 7I, see video for info.

simply open and go to template and add in captions basic (caption basics) go to color card

title not displaying.

the work around is ungroup add your own title and replicate the fade and style of title,

I have tried to simply try to show, but I have created more issues then the main. I wonder if I am the only one here and hte world that has this concern. fixed or not, we'll see

Comments

Former user wrote on 3/5/2024, 9:56 AM

@fishycomics The text is there, it just needs replacing on top of the coloured card. zoom out the preview window & you'll see it with Size/Position/Rotation.

browj2 wrote on 3/5/2024, 10:49 AM

@fishycomics

Hi,

Yes, many of the templates are messed up. This happened because Magix changed the Size/Position and Rotation (SPR) effects to be combined and added in the Anchor Point feature. Thus, the location of titles in templates has been messed up. Previously, the origin was at the upper left of the window; now, it's at the centre of the screen. Strangely, this seems to affect the horizontal position but not vertical.

Unless we can get Magix to fix and re-release these, we will have to fix them ourselves.

To show you where the title box actually is, see below (MMS2024). I zoomed out the preview window (50%) to find it.

You can see that it's way off screen at the right of where it should be. The location is 1509 left, 776 Top.

The new horizontal origin of 0 would be 960 in the old system. The location of the text was 1509 from the left edge of the window. Now, it's 1509 from the centre of the screen, thus putting it 549 pixels off the screen.

To test this, type 960 in the Horizontal box, Enter You'll see the centre of the text move to the right edge of the screen (assuming a 1920x1080 project).

Now type 549 in the Horizontal box, Enter. The text is now in the correct location.

I will do up some text on how to change this and save it over top of the bad title file.

But first, that is not the end of the problems.

The Color Card text box is limited to one more character no the first line before it starts word wrapping. Try it and you'll see. This has always been the case (I tried it in MEP2015).

In the image below, look at the Title editing interface. It's missing stuff.

Here is a new title with the same text, font, size. Note the features in the Title Editor. Amongst other things, there are Option for Automatic text break. I can type in more text and the box gets wider with no word wrap making the text box higher.

In the first case, the program seems to be using the old Title Editor.

Obviously we want to put in more text than just Abcdef1, so it would be best to redo the caption using a new title block.

There is another possible problem for us NTSC 29.97 fps users. The caption files mxv PAL 25 fps. I had found in one version of VPX that this created some problems. It seems that this has been resolved, but one should be aware of this. The caption files can be redone by exporting each to 29.97 and replacing the old files.

More later.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

browj2 wrote on 3/5/2024, 2:28 PM

@fishycomics

Hi,

Further to the above, here are instructions as to how to modify and replace an offending title - one that does not show up in the right place. However, I don't show how to replace the old title that has a locked with with a new title with the width unlocked.

• Start a new Project.
  • Apply the offending title.
  • Click on title part and go to Effects, View Animation, Size/Position/Rotation.
  • Note that the text box is probably locked to a predetermined width. There is an option available to make the width adjustable by replacing the title object with a new one. For now, keep the locked width box.
  • If you can find the coordinates from an old version of Movie Edit Pro – 2021 or earlier or Magix Movie Studio 18 to 2021 (probably 19) – then you can try to calculate the new coordinates. Otherwise, eyeball this by dragging the text box and make an adjustment to the location of the horizontal and vertical positions by rounding them off. Check the keyframe area – if there are any, then you will need to make adjustments to all keyframes.
  • Select the grouped object, right-click on the text part, select “Save as special effect” and change the filename to the name of the title template that you selected and maybe append the word “new” to it. The name of the actual title template that you selected may not be the same as the file as Magix often uses pseudonyms - see * below. Open the properties of the title object and note the actual filename. Note the path to this location as you will need it later. The modified title effect will be saved with the extension .tfx. Note that the main part of the path to this location will be found in the Public folder more or less under:
    • C:\Users\Public\Documents\MAGIX\Common\Videocontent\Movie Edit Pro Plus or whatever you have\Titles\.....
  • Open a new movie tab.
  • Go to the Templates tab, Title templates, My Own. Your new title should be there. Apply it.
  • Now you have an option here. You can replace the original with your version or keep the original but use your own. In the latter case, you will want to have the icon showing.

Replace the original with your version

• In Windows Explorer, navigate to the location of your modified tfx file, select it and copy it to the folder where the original is located. Change the name of the original file extension to something like “.Oldtfx” so that you don’t lose it. Rename your tfx file to be the same as the original.
  • Go back to a timeline with nothing on it. Open a new movie if you want. Go to the original title template folder and apply the title. It should now be the new one.

Keep the original but use your own

• Navigate to the folder where the original title template is stored and open the icons folder. Copy the icon with the same name and paste it under the “Standard” folder, “Icons” folder. Rename it to be the same name as your new title template.
  • In MMS, navigate to My Own title templates and you should see the same icon as before but with your new name.

Notes:

* In the template folder for your title effect, there is a file called “Translation_EN.ini” that you can open with NotePad. Once there, you can search for the name of the title template.

In testing a couple of other title templates that I use, "Sugared left" and "Sugared right" I have not been able to figure out the relationship of the new coordinates to the old. I was able to open these in an old version and figure out what to do given the old coordinates.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos