Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/24/2021, 4:34 AM

@Ang-Mervyn

Such codec activation is a one-time process. Once installed it will always be available to you.

One word of warning: video files from mobile phones very often create problems for video editing programs, like Photostory, because they are variable frame rate. You may find that, even after purchasing the codec, the file will not play "properly" in PS. If that happens, you need to investigate software, like Handbrake, which will allow you to convert the variable frame rate of your phone video to a fixed frame rate.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ang-Mervyn wrote on 6/24/2021, 6:25 AM

I had check my mov file is 30 frame/sec & how do I know if the project I had created is at what frame/sec. I had try to use AnyVideo converter software it is somehow get jerking after converting

emmrecs wrote on 6/24/2021, 8:31 AM

@Ang-Mervyn

First, can we establish whether you have purchased the codec? If so, is it working?

Then, to check the format of your phone video file, please download and install the free MediaInfo utility, point it to that file and see what the View>Text view shows as its frame rate. It is possible, though unlikely, that it is at a Fixed Frame Rate of 30fps.

I have never used AnyVideo Convertor so have no idea whether, or not, it will help you. If you still have jerky video, I suspect it does not.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ang-Mervyn wrote on 6/24/2021, 10:06 AM

I had purchase the codec, now it able to see MOV file but when transfer to the Photostory it is not smooth, but I install the Handbrake software as you had mention, using it to convert the MOV to MP4, it was good.

Thanks

emmrecs wrote on 6/24/2021, 10:26 AM

@Ang-Mervyn

Excellent news! Thanks for the feedback and happy Photostorying!

Jeff