clicking sounds at regular intervals.

debkyd wrote on 12/9/2008, 12:10 PM
I am importing captured video in avi format 25 fps into magix movie pro 14.

I have captured and imported several tapes from a variety of cameras which are fine. the main portion of video i want to use however when imported from a tape filmed on a different camera is imported into magix with regular clicking sounds. (even though the clicking sounds are not present on the recording when played directly from the hard drive) this is then heard on the dvd when burnt.

Is there any cure for this? have experimented with the fader in audio cleaning but no sucess. Does anyone have any ideas.

All the rest of the tapes were captured in the same way with the same using the same camera.

If the film is captured in less qulaity( ie platback mode from the computer ) then the clicking sounds are not heard,

I would be very grateful if anyone can help please

Thanks

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/9/2008, 1:48 PM
Oddly enough, I just answered a question a few minutes ago that apparently refers to the same problem, even though it's not the most common issue. 

See here:

www.magix.info/uk/knowledge/2-video/290-other/18582-in-mep14-while-in-edit-mode-during-play-back-i-hear-audio-clicks.html

The same approach (conversion to DV AVI type II by means of the free DVdate program) will probably do the trick for you, too.
Let us know if you're still having problems.

ralftaro wrote on 12/12/2008, 3:05 PM
Hi,

If you don't notice the audio problem (or any other problem, for that matter) on some of the files you're importing, I suppose you don't really have to convert those. Mixing the converted and unconverted files within one project shouldn't be a problem. From what I remember, DVdate has a handy batch-conversion feature, though. So, it doesn't really matter how many you have to convert. You can just add the whole lot to the list and let DVdate do its job. Also, you don't have to worry about quality loss when performing the conversion. DVdate doesn't re-encode your video material or anything like that. It just changes some header information in the DV AVI files.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 12/16/2008, 9:04 AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear this. Apparently an undesired side effect of the DVdate conversion process. I can't really say that I've experienced this problem before when using DVdate to convert DV AVI to type II in order to fix that audio problem. Therefore, I don't really know a solution off the top of my head or how to approach this problem. However, I wonder whether there's something special about the source material and whether the other options in DVdate would possibly be capable of fixing this problem. Can you say a few more things about your source material? Are we talking about PAL (25 frames/second) or NTSC 29.97 frames/second) source material here? What kind of audio settings do you have on those DV AVI files (12bit/16bit, 44.1 kHz/48 kHz)? Is there any indication that the frame rate gets messed up due to the DVdate conversion process, e.g. if you do a before/after comparison of your DV AVI files by means a free codec analyser tool like GSpot?

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

ralftaro wrote on 12/17/2008, 3:39 AM
The parameters seem reasonable, but I guess the before/after comparison would be necessary. Ultimately, it would be important to establish that the "before" and "after" files are consistent and that those properties are consistent with your project settings in Movie Edit Pro.

If it comes down to it, is it possibly an option to re-capture the DV material in question straight into Movie Edit Pro? That would be the recommended approach. However, I understand that you might not have access to the original DV tapes anymore.