Charged for canceled subscription

julian-alphonseclift wrote on 12/6/2023, 3:51 AM

I Got a 1 month sony vegas subscription on the 1st of October and emailed infoservice@magix.net to cancel my subscription on the same day as it says on the website and forums if you want to cancel a subscription. I have come to the realization that I have been charged on the 4th of novmeber and 5th of December after sending my email. It should just be a one-time payment for october after I cancelled it. I have emailed support however only get Dutch responses back. I only got the software to work on a university assignment. I would like a refund for the two months after I emailed support to cancel my subscription.

Thank you, Julian

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/6/2023, 3:58 AM

@julian-alphonseclift It sounds like you did everything correctly. The German response e-mail is an automatically generated e-mail, it will take some days until the customer service responds.

You can translate the text by copying and pasting it into Google Translator or DeepL.com or use Google Lens on your smartphone.

I think you can remove your payment method in your customer account at Magix.com so they can't charge you again.

julian-alphonseclift wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:00 AM

human please lmao

SP. wrote on 12/6/2023, 4:09 AM

@julian-alphonseclift This isn't support but only a user forum and we are users like you. No Magix support staff is active here. We can't do anything since we don't have access to the customer data. You need to wait for a response from support.

Additionally you can try the official Vegas forum at https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info I believe some Vegas developers are active there.