Comments

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 12:46 AM

@Barth_01ย Yes, that's possible. If you select MIDI objects you have the option to transpose them either via the object editor window or you can transpose all MIDI in a track via the track options or in the track header if you enable MIDI Record.

Barth_01 wrote on 5/5/2023, 1:24 AM

Thank you for your answer S.P.

I have gone to the object editor, I wrote +12 and after play sounds the same. I must have done something wrong.

Apart from this, there wouldn't be a more direct way to change the pitch of a midi object, without having to go to another window?, e.g. in Music Maker, right click on the object and a menu will appear, the first option is MIDI transpose.

Greetings

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 2:03 AM

@Barth_01ย It works fine for me. Have you selected the correct MIDI object?

Another way to change the MIDI pitch is by using the included Independence sampler. Just drag and drop a MIDI file on its claviatur and then you can play it with a single key press. It also can automatically pitch up and down depending on which key you press. But this only works for loaded samples. I don't know if this is enough for you.

In case you load a VST instrument inside Independence you can only use some modifiers like the arpeggiator and arranger modifier which can load MIDI files as well.

To get MIDI out of Independence you need to enable MIDI Thru and route the outgoing MIDI to another track, which is a little bit cumbersome to do in Samplitude. You need to enable VST MIDI Out in the Plug-in menu in the Plug-in dialog and then enable VST MIDI Out Recording on another track. In Pro X7 you can also use the new MIDI plugin feature to route MIDI.

Barth_01 wrote on 5/5/2023, 3:05 AM

Yes, you are right. I've tried it again and yes it works. ๐Ÿ‘

The point is that to change the pitch of an object I have to take many steps, go to the object editor, click on the Transp. window, write the pitch number, with the + or -, and then go back to the Main window.

If it is to be done just once, there is no problem, but I usually try different sounds, for a recorded midi object, to see how it sounds with this instrument or how it sounds with another instrument, then there are sounds that are in different octaves , so the sound that is higher or lower, I need to change the octave at the moment to listen to it in the corresponding tonal register, and then try another sound to see if I like it or not. So, I do this operation of raising and lowering octaves of an object with some frequency.

I have given the example of Music Maker, which, being a DAW from the same manufacturer, has this function more agile than its big brother, Samplitude. I think Samplitude should have at least the same level of agility, not less.

There are some DAWs in which this is immediate, a single click and it changes an octave, and I see that in Samplitude there are many steps each time I want to change the pitch of an object. I tried if I could find something in shortcuts but I didn't find anything.

I think about the independence sampler it is taking many steps also for such a simple operation.

It's a shame because I was starting to like Samplitude, ๐Ÿ˜ข but I need agility in this kind of things, and unfortunately I'm not finding it.

In any case, thanks again. The Magix forum is excellent.

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 4:03 AM

@Barth_01 The transpose textfield in the object editor allows dragging the transpose value up and down with the mouse so you don't need to enter it manually which saves time. You can also place the object editor window via dragging and dropping its name tab to another part of the screen so it is always visible. Then you don't need time to open it first.

Barth_01 wrote on 5/6/2023, 9:11 PM

Ok SP, understood. ๐Ÿ‘ I'm going to keep testing Samplitude. I appreciate your words and comments.

Greetings.