Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/28/2009, 5:42 AM
Hi,

This depends on what you mean be "redesign". I guess you can't really create your own bar from scratch. That's what it is a template-driven system for. However, you don't have to stick with the bar provided by default with your particular chosen template. You can replace it with any bar offered in the "Objects" panel under "Navigation". Also, resizing and repositioning the bar is no problem. Just select the navigation bar, either by switching to the navigation layer and clicking on it or by holding down the CONTROL key and clicking on it in any layer/page. The nav bar will be highlighted and handles will appear that will enable you to move and scale the object. Under the "Properties" panel you will find some other options to influence certain aspects of the object's appearance.

I hope this helps.

XXMerosticXX wrote on 4/28/2009, 7:06 AM

But seriously....we'd need to explain the whole basics here, I guess. To me it sounds like you just chose a template. Please also read the manual and watch the turotials.

First of all, you CAN create your own navigation. Which would be a little bit work.

Here are a few short facts.

1. Reposition (just the position on the website)
Click on "Navigation" in the lower, left corner (should be next to "background") to edit the navigation. Or, as ralftaro said, hold down the CTRL key.

2. Repositioning (the order of the links)
You can arrange the pages on your website by drag & drop. Just click the "pages" tab and clik & hold the left mouse button on a page and pull it.....the links will be shown in the same order within your navigation.

3. New design (just another template)
First, choose "Navigation". I told how to do so within step 1 here ;).
Click on the navigation now and delete it. Now you have to click "objects" on the left side and choose the "navigation" folder there. There you go...never counted them, but there are about 50 different navigations.

4. New design (your very own navigation)

Hard work. ;)
Actually, you have to create graphics. Lot's of them. Every single button has to be a single graphic...and if you want to have some decor-elements, you'll have to make more graphics.

Just to figure out how it works:
- Create a graphic with transparent or matching background color
- Save it as *.png
- Upload it to Website Maker
- You'll find it in the folder "Others". Drag'n'Drop it to your page
- Click on the graphic
- Click "Properties"
- Click "Linking" (or something like this)
- Choose "Internal Link"

Done. The graphic links to your page now. That's the whole story. Now, of course, you have to make this for every button and arrange the buttons. If you do not want to change navigation from page to page, you only have to arrange them once - but then you'll have to make sure that you create your very own navigation in the layer "Background".