CD MARKERS

Paul-West wrote on 6/23/2022, 3:38 AM

Hi.

I'm using Samplitude 2017 and just mixing imported songs which I play in the car. Obviously 'CD' Markers are for burnt CD's but because many cars (including mine) no longer have CD players I have to put 'mixes' on a USB sticks. All though I add the Markers on Samplitude they don't work when playing in the car from USB stick, meaning that if I've mixed 8 songs with Markers it becomes just 1 long song and I can't forward/backward between the 8 songs. I guess this might work on a newer version of Samplitude but is there a way to do this on version 2017?

Many thanks

Paul

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/23/2022, 4:19 AM

@Paul-West In my version of Samplitude Music Studio 2021 I can select to export each CD track into its own file by clicking on the "Export Settings" button in the export dialog.

Paul-West wrote on 6/23/2022, 5:10 AM

Many thanks for your reply SP.

I've attached a screenshot. I can export as an MP3 but when I play it doesn't recognise the individual markers so plays as 1 long song and not as 7 tracks

SP. wrote on 6/23/2022, 5:17 AM

@Paul-West You need to open the export dialog first by clicking on "MP3...". In my version there is the button "Export Settings".

Paul-West wrote on 6/23/2022, 7:46 AM

Many thanks SP.

I have done as you said (see above)

This then saved all 7 tracks separately on my desktop (see below)

So if I put these on an USB stick will they play one after the other (1-7) without any pauses?

Many thanks

SP. wrote on 6/23/2022, 8:41 AM

@Paul-West I would guess that it depends on the playback device that is used whether you can hear short pauses between tracks or not.

Paul-West wrote on 6/23/2022, 8:47 AM

Thanks SP. I'll let you know if it works when I drive later, though I'm not optimistic.

Many thanks