Capturing single frame from video

RandyWaller wrote on 5/13/2009, 11:25 AM
I want to record single frame from a video I have just edited to create a photo story from the video.  The video file is on my hard drive, and has been opened in the Edit tab of Magix Edit Pro 11.  The instructions for this procedure are on pages 42-44 of the printed manual.

I have frozen the frame I want to record and clicked on the red button, and the Individual frame capture dialog box is open.  Problem is that there is no image in the preview pane, and it is black, so when I record the frame, it is a black picture.

How do I get the frame I want to record to, open in the Preview pane?  The video source reads "ATI AVStream Analog Capture (TV+DShow)"  -- there are no other options to choose.  The Magix "support" link will not help me.  Thank you.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/13/2009, 11:36 AM
Hi,

What you want to do is not the capturing of a single frame. The function you're trying to use is designed to capture single frames from footage that is still on the camera. It's not a very useful function, either.

Your material is already in the program. You just want to export a single frame of the footage. In order to do this, put your cursor on the desired frame, so it will show up in the preview monitor and use the "Single frame as BMP/JPEG" function, which you can find under "File" => "Export movie". The hot keys are ALT+M and ALT+N.

I hope this helps.