Cant export pdfs (Error 5107.w.fi.gs) after fresh Win 10 re-install

George-Atkins wrote on 5/26/2021, 3:59 AM

Hi - some help from the community please!

I've encountered this error - Error 5107.w.fi.gs, which I looked up as it's been posted before somewhere but the advised actions there did nothing to resolve it.

Using P&G Designer 16. I basically cannot export my files to pdf's at all anymore. I could always do it before I did a fresh re-install of Windows 10, but now it won't work at all. I've tried running program as admin, as well as making an exception in my antivirus. Nothing works. Not yet tried a re-install of P&G software but why would I since I did this as part of the Win re-install...

Any further suggestions would be most welcome as this has put a complete halt to an important project.

George

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 5/26/2021, 6:10 AM

@George-Atkins

Hi

. . . .  I've tried running program as admin, as well as making an exception in my antivirus. Nothing works.  . . .

Which Av are you using?

Did you try disabling the Antivirus completely?

Which feature of the AV did you add the exception to? Depending on your AV you may have to add more than one exception for the program eg Folder protection, Ransomware and Real time features

If you do end up re-installing do note that if you do not clean files and folders left behind, re-installing may result in the same issue - we recommend that you use the Revo free uninstaller to uninstall the program and then run the scans Revo offers to clean up the file, folders and registry entries left behind - note if you do this and have more than one Xara program installed that you select the correct entries that relate to Photo and Graphic Designer only.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

George-Atkins wrote on 5/26/2021, 11:35 AM

Hi John. Thanks for coming back quickly.

Using AVG as my AV. I added the exception to the .exe and the entire folder in their advanced settings

Are you saying also that I may lose my project files during reinstall? Surely they would remain?

emmrecs wrote on 5/26/2021, 1:22 PM

@George-Atkins

No, what John is describing is how to remove all the program files etc. It should not affect your project files but, as security, why not make a copy of those files and save them to another drive or one or more USB Memory Sticks? Then, if the worst happens and the program uninstall somehow damages your projects you have the security of having them all backed up and can then restore them.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

George-Atkins wrote on 5/26/2021, 1:24 PM

Thanks Jeff, I'm reassured.

George-Atkins wrote on 5/27/2021, 4:05 AM

Update - tried everything, nothing works in V16. Downloaded trial of V18, and that solved the issue right away. Currently requesting options for migration to V18....

Thanks for all help.

George