Cannot Install v18 Upgrade

RMS1D wrote on 6/28/2021, 3:51 PM

Hello,

I've been using Xara Web Designer Pro Since version 10 and this is the first time I've come across this issue. I purchased version 10 and 11 with a DVD but at version 16 I went with the download version. I have since upgraded to 17 the same way and now at version 18 I'm having a serious issue getting this program to install.

Here's what I've attempted thus far:

1- Run the installer package (webdesigner18premium_dlm_ki9ew.exe)

I get this error message

2- I also tried downloading and running the trial version since I have a key and an upgrade key and I got the exact same error.

3- Ran both installers again with my Firewall, Antivirus, and Malware Scanners turned off. Same error message.

Decided to try and do a totally clean install and start from scratch.

4- So then I started looking into other options and Decided to uninstall all my MAGIX and XARA related software (photostory delux, music maker etc.). Also deleted the folders from my program files and user files.

5- Deleted any keys that mentioned XARA or MAGIX from the registry.

6- Rebooted a few times in between these steps but you get the gist.

Unfortunately I still get this same exact error message no matter what version of MAGIX or XARA software I attempt to install. Doesn't matter if it's Web Designer or another product. Just this nonsense.

Really need to find an answer to this quickly if possible as I need to use this for a design I'm working on for a client. My machine is running windows 10 and all updates are up to date. 99% confident that I have my firewalls rules correct but ready to be schooled if someone is familiar with the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/29/2021, 11:59 AM

@RMS1D

Hi

. . . . Unfortunately I still get this same exact error message no matter what version of MAGIX or XARA software I attempt to install. Doesn't matter if it's Web Designer or another product. Just this nonsense. . . . .

The issues you are having still points to your Internet connection being blocked, or Internet protocols are not set correctly ie they have been changed with the latest Windows security updates.

The most common cause is you Antivirus/Firewall, you have already tried these, however depending on your AV it may not be possible to turn everything off, additionally you may also find that Windows Defender still has active components running when you are using another AV.

. . . . 99% confident that I have my firewalls rules correct but ready to be schooled if someone is familiar with the issue. . . . .

Are you running on a network connecting through a separate firewall and router?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.