Comments

john-auvil wrote on 5/26/2011, 9:49 AM

I have the Rescue Your Videotapes, which comes with that red and white USB adaptor. It is working on my laptop. Here are the specs on my laptop:

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M640 2x2600 Mhz
4.00 GB System RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 Series (2.00 GB)

I am not sure which USB adaptor you have, if yours is longer all black with fixed cables coming from it, and you are running Windows 7, that would be the problem. If you have the red/white USB adaptor and getting crashes, you might need to contact Magix support.

I think if could be driver related, but it could also be other applications you have installed and possibly running from start-up. There could be some internal conflict.

Man o' Lakes wrote on 5/27/2011, 4:43 AM

What colour is the USB video converter, as drivers are available for XP for the red/white current model and the old black one. MAGIX support can get you links out for the latest drivers if you've already hooked up with them though. Cheers, M o' L.

Man o' Lakes wrote on 6/6/2011, 2:04 AM

OK, see how you get on.  Once you have the drivers you need for the card etc, rather than installing from the disc, log in to the magix support website and download the drivers directly for your USB video converter.

Go to http://www.magix.com/gb/support/  to login

Then under Downloads, you will see Tools and others, then you'll see RYVT USB Device. Choose the driver you need, i.e. via the colour. That's a lot easier than from the disc, and these are the most recent.  Make sure that you have the device attached directly to the USB port on the card, and not via a hub, and make sure you don't have any other USB device attached at the same time. Cheers, M o' L.