Cannot get DV cameras to work in MEP15+

akyramoto wrote on 11/12/2009, 4:16 PM
I have two different cameras I've tried setting up to be able to capture DV files in MEP15+.  A panasonic and a JVC HD cam.

I cannot get either to be recognized by MEP15+ all it tells me is 'cannot connect to device' or device not connected.

I even tried downloading drivers for both cameras.  THe JVC is nearly non-existant, I got a driver for the panasonic but it still did not allow me to capture.

Im thinking i might take back the Firewire PCI card i just got ( just for DV cam editing), maybe its bad??

Comments

asoeli wrote on 11/13/2009, 1:57 AM
What sort of cameras do you use? The JVC is a harddisk camera? If so, the way is to use the USB cable and Copy the files to the PC. The camera will be found like an external HD at the PC. Firewire is for tape-based cameras for real-time transfer.
akyramoto wrote on 11/13/2009, 9:46 AM
they are both DV cameras. so they have the small tape. i have the cameras working now, i just can't seem to capture ( i can see/hear the video on magix) but when i hit record it says 'path not found'
BroBryce2009 wrote on 11/16/2009, 10:57 AM
Go into your Program Settings (under FILE>SETTINGS>PROGRAM), and go into "Path Settings".  Make sure that the paths that are set for the recordings and tv folders are correct.  You might have them set to a folder that doesn't exist.  Mine is set to "E:\_Video_\Movie Edit Projects\recordings" because that's where I store the stuff.  You should click the button next to the path to make sure it's going to a folder that's actually there.

Hope this helps!