Comments

ralftaro wrote on 5/13/2009, 6:19 AM
Hi,

This might be a simple misunderstanding: With this kind of camera (AVCHD), you don't use the video recording/capturing function in the program to get the footage into the computer. The footage is already available on the camera (e.g. the built-in hard drive) in the form of computer-readable video files. You just copy them to your computer's hard drive and file-import them into the program, e.g. by dragging & dropping them from the media pool into the timeline. Make sure you got the required codec and functions activated (MPEG-4, MPEG-2, Dolby Digital Stereo decoder).

I hope this info helps getting started.

ralftaro wrote on 5/14/2009, 6:20 AM
Hi,

Are you referring to the conversion process to MPEG-2 that gets triggered when you pull the AVCHD material into the program, or are you performing any kind of external conversion before importing the material into the software?

If it's the former, please make sure to also activate the Dolby Digital Stereo decoder. That's crucial since the audio on AVCHD material will usually be in Dolby Digital format. You can do this in the program under the "Help" menu => "Activate additional functions" sub menu. If you seem to have problems despite the Dolby decoder being activated, make sure to copy the video files somewhere onto your computers hard drive where the program will definitely have access rights for writing, since it wants to create some meta files in the same folder. So, don't leave them on the camera or a hard drive location where you might not have these rights.

I hope this helps.

ralftaro wrote on 5/15/2009, 4:53 AM
Hi again,

Sounds like it might be going to be something pretty tricky then. Maybe you can get some additional help from Magix support (http://support.magix.net). But first I'd suggest carrying out what I described in my previous message: Copy the files to your computer's hard drive and import them from there, rather than importing them directly from the camera. Maybe that helps.