Comments

RobinM wrote on 12/21/2007, 9:22 PM

Hi,
I am having the same problem with my Samsung SC-D353. The software doesn't recognize the camcorder at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for either of us.
Thanks,
Robin

UPDATE:
I did get my Samsung working with the software. What I did was get a new firewire and firewire PCI Card though. It works GREAT now.
Cheers, Robin
ralftaro wrote on 1/21/2008, 12:26 PM

If this is really a HDV camera (miniDV tape as medium), Firewire capture is the way to go. If you're having problems with the HDV capturing process, you might want to try a little trick of disabling the video preview in the HDV capturing dialogue. Works to overcome problems under some circumstances. Just use the display on the camera to monitor the progress of the capturing. If this doesn't work, you should get in touch with Magix support (http://support.magix.net) since way more details and a closer investigation would be required here.

This might also just be a misunderstanding and you're working with some other kind of high definition camera that records to a hard disc or solid state medium and doesn't require a capturing process. If it's still a format that is supported by your Magix program, you need to transfer the files onto your hard drive and import them from there.