Cannot add pictures to Video Pro X

loosebruce wrote on 9/4/2010, 5:24 AM

I have version 8.6 of the program.

I have created a project and I want to add some pictures to overlay some video but I cannot import any pictures. It does nothing. I tried even dragging them from Windows onto the Magix Video Pro window still did not work.

Any tips?

I tried these image formats .bmp, png, jpg, psd

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 9/4/2010, 5:57 PM

loosebruce,

Strange -- I do it all the time with no problem.

Just checking, exactly to where are you dragging them? An overlay picture needs to be put on a track (are you in timeline mode?) under your video. It will probably initially fill the screen so you then go to 'Effects' >> 'Movement effects' >> 'Size and position' to make adjustments.

Another possibility... If you have a really long video a default 10 second image duration may not be big enough to show on the timeline. Try first adjusting the timeline zoom to one second intervals.

Regards,

Carl

loosebruce wrote on 9/4/2010, 6:26 PM

Nope its not coming up anywhere, not even on the Import items box, its as though maybe I have set my video project to a setting that cannot handle images on RGB format??

When I create a new project or any others I do not have this problem its only on this specific project.

My video project settings are:

HDV 720p PAL , 48 tracks, 48khz sound.

Sound, video is all fine but not pictures in this specific project.

cpc000cpc wrote on 9/5/2010, 6:49 AM

Doubly strange! I just made a new project -- HDV1 720p PAL , 48 tracks, 48khz sound and can import as usual. I assume the your 'HDV' / my ' HDV1' difference is just typing?

Perhaps the MVP project file is somehow corrupted? Try first exporting as an old style MVD (Under 'Manage movies') and then import the content into a new clean MVP project. Or create a new project of the same specs and see how it behaves. If it's OK then copy everything across from the bad one.

Hope something works.