Can't sync external devices in Acid Pro 11 no midi time code/clock?

LegionHWP wrote on 12/29/2023, 3:01 PM

I am almost at my wits end. I have a full latest version fo Acid Pro 11 and need to sync my external drum machines or synths to a track I arleady recorded. Sometimes this works but usually it's a nightmare. Today I spent over two hours on two different computers and three interfaces to no avail.

I know I need to enable real time midi - no problem I can do that and the icon on the tool bar shows it's engaged. I can toggle it on and off.

HOWEVER, all today I can't do any other sync features. I know in the past I could generate midi clock or generate Midi time code. I have these set up on the toolbar but when I click on them they do not highlight or enable. I tried F7 and Shift+F7 and also from the time code menu and there is no response. No highlight and nothing generated.

I am trying from previously working acid projects and from scratch. inserting new midi tracks, etc.

Is there some special order I need to do this in? I seem to recall the few times it worked the icons in the toolbar did highight so not sure what is up.

As other data I'm trying to sync a Behinger TD3 which shows up in midi devices when I plug it in via USB. I am positive I have it set to the proper sync input and midi channel. I tried a roland midi interface (which also shows up in Acid as valid midi port) and used a midi cable (again switching midi input on the TD3) and have had this same issue , no way to engage time clock or midi sync. I've tried different USB and mdii cables which work elsewhere as well.

Same issue with other devices like my roland TR8s. Running Windows 10 with all updates. I've rebooted both PCs and plugged and unplugged things and restarted the software mutliple times.

It seems the midi devices and synths/drum machines are being recoginized. The issue is in Acid Pro 11 not letting me engage Midi Timecode or Clock and I'm not sure what else needs to be set right (if anything) .

Has anyone else had this problem? it's like hit or miss if i ever get to actually record something and it's criplling the little time I have to be creative.

Thanks for Any/All help!

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/29/2023, 4:27 PM

@LegionHWP This is what I found in the manual:

LegionHWP wrote on 12/29/2023, 6:32 PM

Thank you SP! I had tried most of that but got confused on Sync in preferences VS the actual Time Code options under Options.

The trick is a two step process:

1. You must go to Preferences and the SYNC tab FIRST and select the proper Midi device to even be able to generate Time code or Clock. I had not set this up so I kept clicking on them and nothing happened.

2. Once SYNC in prefeecne is set up you can do the F7 or Shift F7 and send time code or clock or both. this still isnt everything as you have to have the right start or continue messages sent

One weird thing I discovered - at least for the TD3 - with USB Midi the start/stop did NOT work. When I switched to using my additional Midi interface and a good old fashioned 5 pin Midi cable it was able to see and use the start/stop from the DAW.

In twenty minutes I got done what I had tried all afternoon. THANK you Forum!

New Acid to be posted on my bandcamp soon, if anyone wants the link let me know :)