Can't start free trial, installer just links to dead URL

dave-b3271 wrote on 8/8/2024, 4:24 PM

I've loved my old disc copy of Audio Cleaning Lab for years, but a new computer means a new install.

So I'm trying to start the free trial of the current version - at least, I THINK it's the current version, it's the one I found when I googled Audio Cleaning Lab, this was the result: https://www.magix.com/gb/music/sound-forge/sound-forge-audio-cleaning-lab/

To use the trial, you first have to register for it, by clicking "Register Now" in the installer. This opens a browser tab to Magix Service Centre which is just an empty page that says:

"Register product The link you have entered is not correct. Please check your entry!"

That is the problem I need help with from you guys. How do I register for a free trial if the installer itself is broken? Returning to the installer, it has changed into an input box for the trial serial they will apparently email me when I register.

FURTHER DETAILS:

For anyone who wants a laugh, here's what happened next:
Looking for help with this, I went to the Magix website and clicked support, which popped up a chatbot who quizzed me and then told me I could now speak to a human help tech person, but to do that I had to register for some tech help service, which it said would charge me £1, but the £1 would then be refunded.
Annoyed about this, but needing the help, I did put in my details to the tech help service signup form. I noticed that it's £1 for one-time only help, or £39 for a long term membership. You won't be surprised to hear that there was no option to choose which of these I wanted, and you will be even less surprised to hear that my bank's fraud response service automatically blocked an unwanted charge of £39.

Guys I just want to listen to my old tapes and I've been battling to get Audio Cleaning Lab to work for hours now. How do I register for the free trial.

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/8/2024, 5:11 PM

@dave-b3271

Hello welcome

See here and login with the same credentials, then go to product registration.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 8/8/2024, 5:13 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

dave-b3271 wrote on 8/8/2024, 6:31 PM

@dave-b3271

Hello welcome

See here and login with the same credentials, then go to product registration.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Ah! Thank you. Actually, this also didn't work at first, but that isn't your fault. Your link initially led to a recurring login screen which always just refreshed itself instead of logging in. I was suspicious that seemingly everything on the Magix website doesn't work, and then I realised my mistake: it seems the Magix website is just generally incompatible with the Edge browser, which I was using at the time. I've now attempted it in Chrome with no difficulty at all.

I have my productivity back, thanks Patient-X!

PATIENT-X wrote on 8/8/2024, 6:33 PM

@dave-b3271

Hi

Great news 👍

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme