Can't install Sony Music Studio 11 Upgrade due to internet connection

Errol-Cenita wrote on 3/2/2020, 9:02 AM

Hi there I just upgraded from Sony Music Studio 10 to 11 and I got this error message :(

Here's a photo of the error message, sorry it's so long to re-type -->
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqwbvqqztbj8bww/Sony%20Music%20Studio%20Error%20Message.jpg?dl=0

Actually here it is:

'An error had occurred during communication.
Please check your internet connection.
Please check the following prerequisites for a successful transfer:

Check that your network attachments are correct (modem, network cable...).

Check to see if your internet connection settings are correct in your system settings (network connection).

With help from your network administrator or internet, service team make sure that current settings are correct.'

What should I do? Any leads or suggestion would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Comments

Jera-Rensberger wrote on 3/18/2020, 12:36 PM

I get the same message. I see Magix has been a little slow in their response...

I used to use Magix Music Maker on Windows 7, but when Microsoft ended support they sent me one last update to fubar my laptop, so i had to do a factory reset -- they're really pushing people to upgrade to windows 10!

Anywho, after reverting to factory conditions (this time with no updates except for the few manual ones I had to install to run certain programs) i can no longer install Magix Music Maker. I get the exact same error. I followed the instructions to the letter from this help article < https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/notification-could-not-connect-to-the-internet--154/ > and still nothing worked. I re-downloaded the installation file and still nothing... I don't know if those instructions will be of any help to you or not, but it's worth a try at least if you haven't tried already.

Also, in this article < https://www.magix.info/us/forum/working-offline-and-getting-error-messages--1205593/ > the person was receiving a nearly identical message while working offline, and one of the commenters gave (a somewhat vague) explanation as to why it happens. But this alone doesn't solve the problem, and the solution for that article only works if the program is already installed.

Again, I don't know if this will help or not -- and it especially hurts knowing you actually paid for the program you are using, whereas I was using the free version. As for me, Cakewalk and Studio One Prime. I'll survive just fine without Magix.

But seriously, if they don't fix the problem, I would recommend at least trying to get a refund.

Best regards.

Jera

sheppo wrote on 3/19/2020, 2:06 PM

@Errol-Cenita - a quick google of the error showed up another post on this forum, the suggestion of disabling any internet security programs (antivirus, firewall). Sometimes these softwares can be a little over eager to block everything. Then try the downloader again.

Failing that please contact support, they will be able to offer you more specific assistance