can't import video in Magix video saver

anitahogden wrote on 12/6/2012, 11:25 AM

Just bought the Magix video saver 4.0 and tryed to import videos today. Connected the VCR and installed the software and it was all good so far. But when I wanted to import the videofilm there was something wrong. I started a new project and chose to import video from VCR. Chose "USB-video converter" and "composite cable"  in the import-menu. In the next window I started the VCR and was able to see the film in the small box. I didn't hear any sound though. The problem started when I tryed to click "Transfer video to computer". The small box that showed the film turned black but apart from that nothing seemed to happen. There was no film saved. The VCR kept on playing.

Thank's for your help!

Amanda

Comments

hueseph wrote on 12/6/2012, 6:33 PM

Did you ever get this figured out? I don't have an answer for you. I just hate seeing a question unanswered. I would try reinstalling the USB drivers. Is there a record button in the Movie Saver graphical interface? I would think that this type of transer has to be done in real time so, it doesn't make sense to me that there would be any other option  to transfer.